Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
looks good to me! oh i got 315x2 lasy night on bench. lifts still goin up, love this program.

your split looks good just stick to it and get those cals in

So...I'm done with keto dieting lol. I felt like shit, strength was shit, daily bloody noses (probably from lack of potassium in diet), some bullshit sickness this past week.. Since I was able to get all the reps on the last 5/3/1 cycle I bumped my weight up 5-10lbs. I'm introducing carbs into my diet with hopes of doing body recomposition rather than bulk/cut cycles. I've also switched from 4x a week to 3x a week.

My 5/3/1 assistance exercises now look like this:
MP day
Chins 5 sets
DB Press 5x10
Skulls 5x10

Squat day
GHR 5 sets
Abs 5 sets

BP day
Rows 5x10
Dips 5 sets
Curls 5x10

Dead day
GHR 5 sets
Abs 5 sets

Day 1
Week 1

Press
95 x 1x5
105 x 1x5
110 x 1x7/8 can't remember lol

Chins
6, 5, 5, 5, 5

DB Bench
40's x 5x10

Skull Crushers
45 x 5x10

Comments: Presses and chins were hard, everything else was pretty easy. I can't wait until my strength comes back :)

looks good to me! oh i got 315x2 lasy night on bench. lifts still goin up, love this program.

your split looks good just stick to it and get those cals in

Good shit bro! I can't wait until I put up the 3 plates on each side.

Yeah I'm definitely going to stick to the 5/3/1 at least until I stall. Even though everything's fairly heavy now, I'm hoping the carbs and extra Calories will get me near my previous strength levels.

Good shit bro! I can't wait until I put up the 3 plates on each side.

Yeah I'm definitely going to stick to the 5/3/1 at least until I stall. Even though everything's fairly heavy now, I'm hoping the carbs and extra Calories will get me near my previous strength levels.

It feels good! especially since on my last(first) cycle my max was 315x1 after, now with the 5x5 ive gone past that so im happy.

Thats what im thinking, the extra cals/carbs should give u the energy to be able to keeo adding on weight on the bar

Day 2
Week 1

Deadlift
250 x 1x5
270 x 1x5
285 x 1x8

GHR
3x5

Dragaon Flag
4x8

Comments: Got the headaches during deads again which went away after stretching. I'm not too mad though because I don't think I would've been able to get another rep anyway. Other than that, today felt easy..didn't really feel like I did much.

EDIT: actually, because today was so incredibly easy, I'm going to add in 5x10 squat/deadlift @50%1rm for squat and deadlift days.

I've been doing some thinking... It would make more sense to use a program with a more aggressive progression if I could. For example, if I could make daily gains why would I settle for weekly gains? Or if I could make weekly gains why would I settle for monthly gains? Because I lost so much strength, it would take about a year to get back up to my previous strength levels (if I didn't stall) on the 5/3/1 if I added 5 to 10lbs a month. If I did something with quicker progression, I would get up to my previous strength levels faster..

I'm thinking about doing the Rippetoe 3x5 until I stall (which should be fairly quickly), then the intermediate 5x5 until that doesn't work anymore, and then something like 5/3/1. I would be milking any gains I could get from daily to weekly and then finally to monthly. Any thoughts?

I've been doing some thinking... It would make more sense to use a program with a more aggressive progression if I could. For example, if I could make daily gains why would I settle for weekly gains? Or if I could make weekly gains why would I settle for monthly gains? Because I lost so much strength, it would take about a year to get back up to my previous strength levels (if I didn't stall) on the 5/3/1 if I added 5 to 10lbs a month. If I did something with quicker progression, I would get up to my previous strength levels faster..

I'm thinking about doing the Rippetoe 3x5 until I stall (which should be fairly quickly), then the intermediate 5x5 until that doesn't work anymore, and then something like 5/3/1. I would be milking any gains I could get from daily to weekly and then finally to monthly. Any thoughts?

Bro idk how the 5/3/1 is but the 5x5 is working amazing. my bench is more than it was on the peak of my cycle, my size is good and everylift is still going up 9 weeks in. PR's started at week 4. im guessing I will be able to keep progressing for another 3-4 weeks.

@Gladiator - good to hear. I've decided to start off from the bottom. I'm going to do Rippetoe's 3x5, then get back into a 5x5.

Day 1
Week 1

Squat
45 x 2x5
75 x 1x5
115 x 1x3
155 x 1x2
195 x 3x5

Bench
45 x 2x5
70 x 1x5
100 x 1x5
130 x 1x2
145 x 3x5

Chins
8, 5, 5

Dips
7, 6, 5

Curls
65 x 3x8

Skulls
65 x 1x8
65 x 1x6
65 x 1x4

Comments: I hate being indecisive with my workouts. I have to learn to stick to something lol. Anyway, easy workout...looking forward to Wednesday now :).

Day 1
Week 1

Squat
45 x 2x5
75 x 1x5
115 x 1x3
155 x 1x2
195 x 3x5

Bench
45 x 2x5
70 x 1x5
100 x 1x5
130 x 1x2
145 x 3x5

Chins
8, 5, 5

Dips
7, 6, 5

Curls
65 x 3x8

Skulls
65 x 1x8
65 x 1x6
65 x 1x4

Comments: I hate being indecisive with my workouts. I have to learn to stick to something lol. Anyway, easy workout...looking forward to Wednesday now :).

Stick to this brotha! eat enough and you will be making PR's for a long time :D

sometimes i get really bored with this, so on tuesday ill do wednesdays shoulders and thursday ill do fridays bench lol i dont think ur supposed to do that but i get so bored

Top Bottom