Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
Dude it feels way better to be lean and take ur shirt off whenever and be ripped, even if youre not the biggest. Id rather be cut

Im not on cycle right now, im gonna be natty for 2 months on this new routine (probably will add muscle like you said). I am gonna be taking:

Big Blast
creatine
multi
fish oil
gear

Damn you guys are makin me wanna cut so bad lol

Lol same here! I'm proly around 14% bodyfat right now which is fine but after oso's pics earlier I am tempted lol! Also if I lost 10 pounds of fat running would be way easier same with pullups:

Current weight: 197 lbs
bodyfat 14% (maybe 13%)
meaning I got 28 lbs of fat
If I got to 187 without losing muscle I'd be 10% bodyfat:)
I'd also spend 5% less energy running the same distance....tempting.....

Lol same here! I'm proly around 14% bodyfat right now which is fine but after oso's pics earlier I am tempted lol! Also if I lost 10 pounds of fat running would be way easier same with pullups:

Current weight: 197 lbs
bodyfat 14% (maybe 13%)
meaning I got 28 lbs of fat
If I got to 187 without losing muscle I'd be 10% bodyfat:)
I'd also spend 5% less energy running the same distance....tempting.....

do your abs show while relaxed at all?

do your abs show while relaxed at all?

No not anymore:( I'm thinking 14% is about right where I am. I think I have gotten a lot more subcutaneous fat cause if I flex my abs pretty hard there's not too much to pinch but my stomach still stick out a little now, could also be an imbalance btw the abs and back muscles.

Or water weight and bloat from creatine...

definitely possible but I haven't taken creatine since may 1st (I'm taking a month off). Since I stopped taking it I actually went up in weight, and I am way more thirsty now. I literally can't get enough water and food weird huh?

What's up guys I haven't been on for a long time. I just finished my 5x12 yesterday and i have to say F the squats lol. Killed at least 4000kcal a day...enjoying the food. Weighing around 195 now. I got incredibly veinier after just the 1st week of 5x12, going through my calves up through my quads. Forget all those NO2 supps, they are bullshit. If you want veins, lift high volume.

I also had to split up my 3x a week workout into upper/lower 6x a week because it got too demanding on my cardio system. Even though I hit it hard and heavy every day (30 mins a day), I didn't start overreaching until after 6 weeks.

Here's my maxes from my 5x12:

Squat - 210x12, 215x8
Bench - 150x12, 155x8
Row - 125x12
Press - 95x12
Deadlift - 255x12

Press was probably the most difficult. Doing 48 reps before the final set, my shoulder muscles fatigued quickly. The first time I tried 95lbs I only managed 6, next week I manage 10, and this past week I got all 12 :).

Going to try a 5x8 and see how well I can progress. Definitely looking forward to the lower volume. I'm really wondering how much of a carryover this high rep work will have on my maxes. After I fail 5x8, I'm back to 5x5, then 5x3, then 5x1 and then see what my maxes are.

What's up guys I haven't been on for a long time. I just finished my 5x12 yesterday and i have to say F the squats lol. Killed at least 4000kcal a day...enjoying the food. Weighing around 195 now. I got incredibly veinier after just the 1st week of 5x12, going through my calves up through my quads. Forget all those NO2 supps, they are bullshit. If you want veins, lift high volume.

I also had to split up my 3x a week workout into upper/lower 6x a week because it got too demanding on my cardio system. Even though I hit it hard and heavy every day (30 mins a day), I didn't start overreaching until after 6 weeks.

Here's my maxes from my 5x12:

Squat - 210x12, 215x8
Bench - 150x12, 155x8
Row - 125x12
Press - 95x12
Deadlift - 255x12

Press was probably the most difficult. Doing 48 reps before the final set, my shoulder muscles fatigued quickly. The first time I tried 95lbs I only managed 6, next week I manage 10, and this past week I got all 12 :).

Going to try a 5x8 and see how well I can progress. Definitely looking forward to the lower volume. I'm really wondering how much of a carryover this high rep work will have on my maxes. After I fail 5x8, I'm back to 5x5, then 5x3, then 5x1 and then see what my maxes are.

good stuff man. Have you put on any weight since your competition? Also, do you by any chance have a link or something to the 5x8/5x12? Definitely seems like something i'd be interested in either now or down the road.

Yeah I probably put on about 11lbs. I think that's pretty decent for 6 weeks. The first bit I'm sure was filling glycogen stores after a low carb diet.

Well the 5x8/5x12 are exactly like the 5x5, just change the reps. The volume/intensity will take care of itself.

I've made a calculator for all the programs..It's basically madcow2's version just made a couple adjustments, shoot me your email and I'll send it to you.

You might find it beneficial to split up the workout into 6 days rather than 3 though. I split mine mainly into upper/lower body. For example:

Monday
Squat
Abs

Tuesday
Bench
Row
Dips

Wednesday
Squat (light)
Press
Abs

Thursday
Deadlift
Chins

Friday
OFF

Saturday
Squat
Abs

Sunday
Bench
Row
Curls
Extensions.

Split it up however you want. I decided to take a break after heavy deadlifts...Wouldn't really want to do heavy squats the day after.

Top Bottom