Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
Day 2
Week 2

Deadlift
225 x 1x3 (double overhand)
255 x 1x3 (double overhand)
290 x 1x10 (hook grip)
185 x 5x10 (double overhand)

GHR
3x5

Comments: Fanfuckintastic! No tension headache today due to constant trap/neck stretching :). I've decided to start using just the basic double overhand grip for everything except the 3rd set. I might start using it for that one too since my grip doesn't hold me back...yet. Also I added 25lbs to the 5x10. I think the weight was perfect, although they were still easier than the squats.. GHR's were great. Really gave each rep my all. I need to get used to them first before I start using higher reps.

nice bro! how do you do your GHR's? We dont have anything atmy gym to be able to do them

Oh so either ramp up like the 5x5 or pick the same weight and do it 5 times for 10 reps? I kinda like the ramping just because you can go heavier on the last set.

Ill look into the 5x3x1 for sure. Its either that, HST or 5x10. Well see!

Yeah. They are both completely different. If you ramp, it's hard to hit into overtraining, you basically add weight until you can't. If you pick straight sets, you ramp by weeks instead of sets. The 1st week is easy. 2nd week is somewhere between your maxes and the 1st week. 3rd week is when you hit your top weights, and the 4th week is an attempt to surpass the 3rd week. After the 4th week you will be overreaching (at least should be..if you aren't then you will probably do better on the linear version) and you will need to take a deload.

nice bro! how do you do your GHR's? We dont have anything atmy gym to be able to do them

Yeah I workout at a 'hardcore' gym, I can slam weights, bleach the floor with chalk, etc., but they don't even have a glute ham raise lol. At the gym, we have a lat pulldown machine that has a wide seat. I face the other way and snug my feet under the thing that keeps your knees from coming up. kinda like this video: YouTube - Ghetto GHRs: BWx5 (first time trying these)

here's another one: YouTube - Ghetto GHR I don't use the cable though, if I can't come back up I push the floor with my hands.

I'm sure your gym has a ball, so try and find something that you can snug your feet into and do them this way if you want: YouTube - Glute Ham Raises - finally, a use for a Bosu ball!

Ill probably ramp up.

Oh ok so you pretty ,uch use anything that can hold your feet? Ill be doing these after the 5x5 Im doing when i get into a 5x10 or a 5x3x1.

Day 3
Week 2

Bench Press
150 x 1x3
160 x 1x3
170 x 1x7
100 x 5x10

Pendlay Row
100 x 5x10

Comments: All right workout. 170 felt kind of heavy. Since I don't have a spotter, I don't want to try anything I'm not too sure I'll get.

hey bro if you wana keep double overhand give hook grip a try SL swears by it and used it for his pendlays too, iv been trying it and its great! You'll feel like a beast pulling big weights with double overhand too once you get over the initial pain of hook grip!

hey bro if you wana keep double overhand give hook grip a try SL swears by it and used it for his pendlays too, iv been trying it and its great! You'll feel like a beast pulling big weights with double overhand too once you get over the initial pain of hook grip!

Hey thanks man, I am also a big proponent of the hook. I am thinking about actually getting away from using the hook and going with the basic DOH for all of my deads. Since I've been on a keto-ish diet, my strength has plummeted but my grip strength has stayed the same. My grip actually feels like my strong point now =/.

Day 4
Week 2

ATG Squat
225 x 1x3
240 x 1x3
255 x 1x4
150 x 5x10

Abs
3x8

Comments: Garbage. I can't believe I could only get 255lbs 4 times. It was a real struggle too. Only about a month ago I thought I was getting really weak when I managed 315x3..then 300x3...lol. My squat is dive bombing. I guess this shouldn't come as a surprise though since people doing any type of keto diet cannot maintain their intensity. I also think squatting 1x a week vs 3x a week has something to do with it.

EDIT: oh yeah btw I switched to a TKD. Seems unlike everybody else I can't stand carb up days. I get sick after my 1st-2nd meal and don't want to look at another carb afterwards lol. I'm also afraid to do a dirty carb up since by 'dirty' I'll want things that are high in carbs AND high in fat. So before each workout I'm going to drink ~50g malto/dextrose.

Hang in there bro. I cut from around 20% to a calipered 13% in twelve weeks this spring. All my lifts took a shit in the process. In fact I gave up a month early because I couldn't stand being weak any more. I am comfortably at ~15% and I've gained all the weight/strength that I lost. Cutting natty sucks balls. Next time I decide to cut I'll be juiced up lol.

Day 4
Week 2

ATG Squat
225 x 1x3
240 x 1x3
255 x 1x4
150 x 5x10

Abs
3x8

Comments: Garbage. I can't believe I could only get 255lbs 4 times. It was a real struggle too. Only about a month ago I thought I was getting really weak when I managed 315x3..then 300x3...lol. My squat is dive bombing. I guess this shouldn't come as a surprise though since people doing any type of keto diet cannot maintain their intensity. I also think squatting 1x a week vs 3x a week has something to do with it.

EDIT: oh yeah btw I switched to a TKD. Seems unlike everybody else I can't stand carb up days. I get sick after my 1st-2nd meal and don't want to look at another carb afterwards lol. I'm also afraid to do a dirty carb up since by 'dirty' I'll want things that are high in carbs AND high in fat. So before each workout I'm going to drink ~50g malto/dextrose.

Hang in there bro. I cut from around 20% to a calipered 13% in twelve weeks this spring. All my lifts took a shit in the process. In fact I gave up a month early because I couldn't stand being weak any more. I am comfortably at ~15% and I've gained all the weight/strength that I lost. Cutting natty sucks balls. Next time I decide to cut I'll be juiced up lol.

Thanks man that's actually great to hear. I was starting to get worried my lifts wouldn't come back up very well once I'm done. I wonder how low of a bf% I can get by doing keto naturally...

Top Bottom