Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Opinions on this 5 day SPLIT program

The New Guy

Here it is. Please let me know what you think of the following workout. Im sticking with each body part once a week for the moment (has done me well in the past, although I was a new so of course it was going to work), and depending how something like this goes (with more volume and variety) i will probably change to training each part twice a week in a few months. But for the time being I wanna stick to something like this. Could you please go over the exercises and make sure they are a good choice and make suggestions if necessary. Also im not interested in doing MAX-OT, I dont like the low sets. Im sure some of you will say im crazy for doing so many sets for calves, but believe me this works better than anything else I have tried in the past. As Arnold said "These calves took 45 mins a day... for 3 years to build". ;)

Neway thanks in advance for your help and time and of course reps for useful good advices.

Day 1: Chest
4 sets incline bench press (degrees changing 45/35/25/15, 15-10-8-6 reps)
5 sets flat barbell press (5 reps)
3 sets dumbbell flys (10-8-6 reps)
3 sets pullovers (12 reps)

Day 2: Back
Chins (as many sets needed to reach 30 reps)
5 sets deadlifts (12-10-8-6-5 reps)
3 sets bent over dumbbell rows (10-8-6 reps)
3 sets pull-throughs (12 reps)
+ direct forearm & grip work

Day 3: Shoulders
4 sets barbell military press (15-8-8-6 reps)
4 sets dumbbell military press (10-8-8-6 reps)
3 sets incline rear delt raises (10 reps)
4 sets barbell shrugs (10 reps)

Day 4: REST

Day 5: Arms
5 sets hammer curls (15-10-8-6-3 reps)
3 sets concentration curls (10 reps)
3 sets tricep pushdowns (15-10-8 reps)
3 sets lying tricep extensions (10-8-6 reps)
3 sets one-arm kickbacks (10 reps)

Day 6: Legs
5 sets barbell squats (15-10-8-6-5 reps)
4 sets leg extensions (8 reps)
3 sets leg curls (8 reps)
9 sets standing calf raises (10 reps)
5 sets lever 45° calf Press (12 reps)
5 sets seated calf raises (15 reps)
3 sets standing calf raises (20 reps)

Day 7: REST

noone works out here, we dont know wtf your talking about
but :wavey: welcome to chat and conversation

Based on your earlier posts, you seem bent on doing this sort of workout anyway, so why do you care what we think? There aren't many people here who are into the whole "Flex Magazine/M&F" routine design. Why? Because they suck. You said it - it's worked for you because you're a newb. So I've told you to check out higher frequency having 'been there, done that' with the 1x/week bodypart split programs - you NEED frequency (or at least a program that focuses on strength gains in core lifts, and not a pump or soreness).

Basically, you've laid out an extensive exercise list with no plan of progression - it appears you're gonna get under the bar, try hard, and hope for the best. That ain't a plan.

If you absolutely don't want to hear it, fine. It doesn't bother me any. But honestly, you're not gonna get a lot in the way of feedback on a program like that, other than to say that it sucks and that you'll progress far better with a TOTAL and COMPLETE overhaul of your knowledge of training in general. I'd be happy to provide some links to some really great reading. Lemme know if you're interested.

split workouts have worked for many people in the past, its also what a lot of top bodybuilders use to gain mass

the only reason why you wouldnt grow of a split workout is if your diet is wrong

If full body was the way to go, we'd all be doing it by now. There's a reason every pro and most amatuers use split routines: they work. They allow you to focus your energy on one to three specific muscle groups, and give you time to recover before you do it again. Full body is fine for the average joe who just wants to be healthy, but we need more.

The New Guy said:
If full body was the way to go, we'd all be doing it by now. There's a reason every pro and most amatuers use split routines: they work.

The pros also use substances to enhance growth... ahem, steriods.

The New Guy said:
They allow you to focus your energy on one to three specific muscle groups, and give you time to recover before you do it again. Full body is fine for the average joe who just wants to be healthy, but we need more.

When you say "we", who are you referring to? I think many people on this board, who are more then your 'average joe', swear by frequency over six days of rest. :rolleyes:

Top Bottom