Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Which one should I drop, regular squats or front squats?

wutangnomo

Right now my leg day as it stands is squats then front squats then hamstring work. I also do deads another day. My back is getting pretty beat and I definitely feel the need to drop one of these 3 heavy back "taxing" exercises.

I absolutely enjoy doing front squats moreso then regular squats which is pretty strange. I also feel it hits my quads better. However, I can't do nearly as much weight as with reg squats. Whichever one I'm going to drop I'll replace with leg press.

So ditch the fronts or reg squats? Thanks.

Never did front squats always traditional. Legs have always grown. No excersize for legs overall can match the squat. Keep it simple, does not need to be complicated.

I'd say work on your form on front squats. Front squats should not tax your back as you should stay fairly erect.

i would drop reg. squats you work way too much legs in the front squads to drop those. those work 99% legs.

You could also consider zercher squats. I always felt these were the best of both worlds.

i agree too... i would say rotate them.... i wouldn't do leg presses though... personally i don't like presses for my legs.... i would do something like this

reg squats/ front squats
hack squats (keep feet close together and go down untill sled touches the bottom) helps for the sweep
lunges

stiff leg deads
leg curls

do your reg squats for a couple of weeks then switch to front squat. If you keep rotating them every workout your body doesnt get to neurological adaptation

dzuljas said:
do your reg squats for a couple of weeks then switch to front squat. If you keep rotating them every workout your body doesnt get to neurological adaptation

I don't know very much about this, what's neurological adaptation and it's importance? Thanks!

Doesn't DC training have you alternate excercises?

Top Bottom