Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

One set - shitload of reps

Kiarne

I've got only home equipment, so I do squats with heavy dumbells in my hands (30-35 kgs in total), and just try to keep the form right and do more reps. I thought of trying to do just one set of those to the max reps. Do you think it would work out well? Or I should rather do several sets with fewer reps?

Ideally, it is better to do fewer reps for more sets, because in the end you will get to do more volume. However, your approach would be quite a good one for the development of endurance, so you can do this from time to time for a little variety.

You should do multiple sets with a 'shitload of reps' as you put it :)

1 set is not a workout. At the same time, doing a bunch of easy sets is a waste of time.

Do 3-5 working sets per exercise. Challenge yourself with the weight you use. If the workout is easy, you aren't going to be causing a stimulus to the body to change.

You need to give the body a reason to build muscle.

Ok, let us put it this way - if I will do 3-5 sets per exercise with a lot of reps? I mean, the weight might not be challenging, but lifting it till failure would make it challenging - don't you think so?

Top Bottom