Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

One exercise worth trying

Dwisangi

There is one exercise you can practice on the barsoutside, though I would share it here with you, and see your opinionsabout it. Basically, it is like pushups, but you stand perpendicularto the bar, and grab the bar with hands in a row (so one of them willbe in front of the other), and pull yourself up till you reach thebar with your shoulders in turns. Did you try this exercise? How doyou like it?

I think I know what he is talking about:

p7.jpg

That is a very good way of doing the pullups, but sometimes I find it stressful for my shoulder joints. But I still like to do it from time to time - like how it makes you struggle with overall body balance.

I am BIG advocate of pull ups. Real pull ups. Not pull downs on a cable machine.

I think pull ups are a one of the best exercises for developing a well developed back. In my opinion, the best back exercises are - pull ups (various grips), heavy barbell rows, heavy t-bar rows and deadlifts.

I am glad that Lev managed to upload a picture of what I meant - I tried to do this, but did not manage that.

How different is this variation? What muscles will it activate the most?

No problem! I would say that this is a killer exercise for most of the back, shoulders, and biceps. What I have also noticed today when doing this, is that your abs and lower back also have to work quite a lot in order to keep stability. Very nice pull-up variation, no doubt about it.

I am glad that Lev managed to upload a picture of what I meant - I tried to do this, but did not manage that.

How different is this variation? What muscles will it activate the most?

A photo is worth a 100-words. I'd say it's real good at isolating one lat at a time (certainly one side more than another). One variation on pulldowns is using a single pulley handle as opposed to a lat pulldown bar.

Top Bottom