Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

One a day

Lovelifting

A couple of the guys at the gym were telling me they got their physique with proper diet (of course) but training 5 days a week, one body part a day with some cardio. (They were lean but a good amount of muscle) They were wanting me to just give it a try. Give me your opinions....

Mon: arms (bis and tris)
Tues: legs
Wed: chest
Thurs: back
Fri: shoulders
Rest weekends

Said they've been doing it a year straight, mixing it up, changing to different exercises of course but the actually schedule stayed the same.

Sent from my DROID X2 using EliteFitness

Ive been doing this but I dont believe in taking 2 off days back to back. its a fucking waste

Ill take as many days off as I feel I need.. I try not to take to much time off and prefer a deload instead

Sent from my HTC One S using EliteFitness

To me the ONLY reason to take a off day is if your cns feels fucked. And one day off always does the trick

Everybody has their own opinions about what does and doesn't work, but it all comes down to what works best for YOU! What works best for others may not be the best for you. I tried the whole 5-6 days per week, high volume thing and it wasn't for me. I made gains sure, but not nearly as good as when I went to low volume, high intensity. Now I workout 3 days per week at around 60 minutes per session, and my strength and mass really took off. In order for that to work I have to keep intensity extremely high. I incorporate things like rest pause sets, short rest periods, progressing in weights and/or reps every workout, and extreme stretching (I do DC training). I leave the gym and I'm drenched in sweat just as if I did some high intensity cardio. Most people can't bring that level of intensity every gym session, so its not for everyone.....but it works VERY WELL for me.

Bodybuilding is trial and error. You just have to try a lot of different things to see what works best for you, and not rely on a cookie cutter routine that somebody at the gym hands you. Even though I think overtraining is greatly exaggerated, working out more doesn't necessarily mean better. You don't grow in the gym, you grow while resting and in the kitchen

I've trained 5 days a week for the last few years and have made it work but I would rather go 3 on, 1 off. I can't train on weekends due to parental responsibilities. By Friday I'm pretty tired.

Top Bottom