Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

one best exercise per body part?

rostario

is this dude right? I was listening to a cocky weight lifting guru about weight training on spotify and he was saying that for every body part there is ONE BEST exercise. his exact words. so he asked why do others that are less effective, and that muscles don't have angles so why even bother. just do the same exercised in varied ways.

it depends what angle you want to approach this question. no pun intended

the truth is 95% of the lifting you see done at the gym is a waste of time. the purpose of weight training is to break down muscle fibers, that is it. of course powerlifters are trying to train their body to lift more weight and competitors are going for technique.

but my point is most of what is done in the gym is an ego thing and just a way for people to enjoy weight training. when i train my arms i like to get that pump and walk out of there wrecked. i could have accomplished the actual arm workout in much less time but i CHOSE to do more reps and more exercises cause i enjoy it

I think there are core exercises that should always be in a program but would not say there is one best exercise for every body part. You have to remember that people respond differently, have different goals, etc. For example, you may train calves differently if you have a short calf vs a long calf.

I believe in core lifts as a stable of any program, but I approach my training a bit differently, sometimes I do 2 weeks of high volume and moderate weight than for 2 weeks I training heavy and drop the volume down, other times I add in isolation movements with lote weight but keep volume higher everyone is different in how they approach it, for me I've seen great results with my technique for my body.

Top Bottom