Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

one arm bigger than the other, what do I do?

My left arm is about 1/2 inch bigger than my right, it bothers me because my t-shirts are tight on the left and loose on the right. How should I train them differently to correct this. By the way, my right arm is stronger already.

Buck89 said:
My left arm is about 1/2 inch bigger than my right, it bothers me because my t-shirts are tight on the left and loose on the right. How should I train them differently to correct this. By the way, my right arm is stronger already.

most everyone i know has uneven parts, especially arms. i have worked to get mine down to about less than a 1/4 of an inch differnece. how??? i switched arms on my daily activites.

think about it, which arm is bigger? if your right handed i bet its your right hand. so now i can do everything with my left hand except right. it took about 3-4 years for that to correct itself. which isnt too bad, considering i used my right hand for everything for 18 years.

X

Buck89 said:
Do you know what's causing this? Are you using an alternate grip on deadlifts or something of the like? My right arm is a tad bigger most likely due to it's position on years of deadlifting.

how about, dumbells

i have the same problem......except it's my thighs....due to a knee surgery ....probably a good 2 or 3 inches smaller.....:(

i gotta start hitting up the one legged leg press and squats

jerkbox said:
i have the same problem......except it's my thighs....due to a knee surgery ....probably a good 2 or 3 inches smaller.....:(

i gotta start hitting up the one legged leg press and squats
I started single leg presses and single leg extensions for my right leg which is lagging. I perform a few sets of each per week in addition to my normal leg workout. I noticed last night that I think it's making a difference. I've been at it for about 10 weeks now.

Also don't forget that the bigger your arms are, the less the difference will be noticable (it'll be a smaller percentage of overall size :) ). 1/2 inch difference on 12 inch arms is more noticable than 1/2 inch difference on 16 inch arms. So just keep growing them!

add a few more sets to your lagging bodypart after each workout, like if you just trained back, do some DB curls for your lagging arm and forget about the other arm. If you just trained chest, do some DB skullcrushers or french presses w/ the lagging arm.

The formula for this is simple:

1. Work dumbells as your primary arm exercises

2. Keep your reps matched to your weakest arm. (i.e., if you can do 8 curls at 70 lbs with your weak arm... only do 8 reps with your strong arm... even if you could do more.)

You have been favoring one arm. Stop it.

Hehe, my whole body is this way. Right biceps are bigger, left hamstrings are bigger, right Vastus Medialis is bigger, left Vastus Lateralis is bigger, right calf is bigger, right deltoids are bigger. The rest is fairly even. I hope it evens out as I develop more muscle.

Top Bottom