Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Olympic style lifts ?

pastaneda

I was working out the other day and some big dude came up to me and we started talking and I said I wanted to get as big as him and he told me to start off the first few years just doing olympic style lifts. I been youtubing those lifts and they look super advanced for me. How do I do these as a new lifter?

i agree with him especially since you are new to this. stick to the big compound lifts. bench, squats, deadlifts, pullups, dips, pushups, rows, etc.

stay away from isolation lifts, you shouldn't even be in the dumbbell or machine section at all.

I recommend trying out a 5x5 program. It will focus on the compound lifts which are the basis of weight lifting. You really do not need any isolation exercises at the beginning. Learn to master the compound lifts and make sure your form is good.

How to get big:

1. Make sure you eat healthy, wholesome food. Keep processed foods down to a minimum.

2. Get 7 or more hours sleep every night.

3. If natural, don't train more than 3x per week, 2x probably being better.

4. Stick to THE best compound exercises:

A. Barbell Full Squat
B. Deadlift or variations such as my favorite - Barbell Stiff-legged Deadlift on block
C. Weighted Dips
D. Weighted Chinups
E. Standing Barbell or Dumbell Press
F. Bench Press or Dumbell Bench
G. Barbell or Dumbell Row

Then add a couple in for balance:

H. Calf Raise
I. Rear laterals

Last but not least:

J. Barbell or Dumbell Curl
K. some kind of tricep Extension

Max number of exercises = 11

Workout A - 5 exercises
Workout B - 6 exercises

1-3 sets per exercise

Try to get stronger on them while using good form. Add in time = get big.

Top Bottom