Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Olympic Lifts.

endpoint

Do any of you use olympic lifts in your powerlifting training?

I have had an offer from the australian institute of sport, to be shown how to perform the lifts involved in olympic weight lifting.

I dont want to waste the oppertunity.

TAKE ADVANTAGE OF THAT OFFER!!! The olympic lifts are an invaluable tool to any individual who wants to get stronger, bigger or both. I saw so much progress when using them in so many different areas of my training, that it would take to long to mention all of them.

As far as powerlifting is concerned, the man who taught me the olympic lifts was a former power and olympic lifting competitor. After beginning the olympic lifting, he abandoned powerlifting for awhile. When he finally went back 5 years later, he deadlifted 720. At a bodyweight of about 275 - 290. Not bad after 5 years of not performing the lift. So in summary definately do it.

LAter

I started emailing someone at the australian weight lifting federation.
about lifting in australia. next thing i know.......one of my emails was forwarded to the assistant coach at the AIS.
He emailed me and said
and i quote:

"We normally do not open
the facility to the public but I have been given the OK to bring you in"

It made me feel pretty special.......but the truth is they dont know much about me.......so its more of a favour than a "hey your talented"

Im so stoked though

I train the olympic lifts. They help with my strongman training a lot.

Wish I had someone to help me....learn them man.

B True

Top Bottom