Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Olympic Lifts?

vinylgroover

Does anyone here incorporate any of the Olympic lifts into their training.....some or all of the time. I'm finding i'm getting quite bored of the 'traditional' bodybuilding exercises and i'm looking for an extra stimulus both for growth and interest.

Is there a place in a bodybuilding workout for olympic lifts?

vinylgroover said:
Does anyone here incorporate any of the Olympic lifts into their training.....some or all of the time. I'm finding i'm getting quite bored of the 'traditional' bodybuilding exercises and i'm looking for an extra stimulus both for growth and interest.

Is there a place in a bodybuilding workout for olympic lifts?

In short, CoolColJ has posted time and time again referring to Olympic lifting. Do a search under his name and I am sure you'll find something. Good luck brother.

Hammer

I always thought Coolcolj was more into resistance/plyometrics and such, but i'll do a search and perhaps pay more attention:)

Thanks

I compete in olympic lifting. I lift in the Masters division. Been doing it for 30 years. You can build good quality muscle in your entire back and legs with the OL's. Include some cleans and snatches and watch your traps explode.

vinylgroover said:
I always thought Coolcolj was more into resistance/plyometrics and such, but i'll do a search and perhaps pay more attention:)

Thanks

CCJ does all sorts of crazy shit.:D

Hammer is right though, search under his name and you'll find a wad of OL stuff.

Joker

Thanks guys.

Nico, are there any good weightlifting websites that offer good instructionals that you now. I have the basic idea behind the various lifts, but would just like to get the subtle technique tips right.

vinyl, check out the powerlifting forum. there are stickies for the snatch and power clean(I think). both very good lifts. I use these for a heavy shoulder day, supplemented with some upright rows. do a search on ccj's posts/threads, because he has posted many a video of him or links of other dudes performing olympic lifts.

I have been doing high pulls...

B True

i like cleans, jump shrugs, front squats, etc. hybrid movements are cool to implement from time to time. snatch grip shrugs, snatch grip high pulls vs. upright rows. etc.

b fold the truth said:
I have been doing high pulls...

B True

Dude, I downloaded that 3 rep video. I put it on everyday b4 I go to the gym. I minimize it and listen to the clang of the steel. Disturbed isn't too bad neither. :D Great video. It inspired me to do them. I am growing. Thanx.

Hammer

Top Bottom