x
Almost there! Please complete this form and click the button below to gain instant access.
EliteFitness.com FREE Email Series: How You Can Use Winstrol, Masteron, HGH, and Testosterone for a Perfect, Muscular Physique!
- -
We hate SPAM and promise to keep your email address safe.
- -

Olympic Lifting/Power Lifting

Welcome to the EliteFitness.com Bodybuilding Site! Please join this discussion about Olympic Lifting/Power Lifting within the Weight Training & Weight Lifting category.

Excerpt: After watching the clip CoolColJ put up of Timur snatch pulling, clean and pressing and clean and jerking those huge weights at those measurements, and since my interest has been growing for so long now, I would like to get myself started sometime soon (next couple of months) on some type of routine that these guys would follow. What would this incorporate? What types of splits? I have no idea how I would train like this. Rest times, frequency, intensity, any type of deloading phase,

Read more or register here to join the discussion below...

Freak

Olympic Lifting/Power Lifting

After watching the clip CoolColJ put up of Timur snatch pulling, clean and pressing and clean and jerking those huge weights at those measurements, and since my interest has been growing for so long now, I would like to get myself started sometime soon (next couple of months) on some type of routine that these guys would follow.

What would this incorporate? What types of splits? I have no idea how I would train like this. Rest times, frequency, intensity, any type of deloading phase, nutrition etc.

I would greatly appreciate some help on this, especially from those who are really into it. Karma.

Pro Bodybuilder
    I don't know anything about this, but my only advice is make sure someone teaches you how to do that stuff, looks a bit dangerous

Good luck

Good Broly
    So which are you talking about? Olympic lifting or Powerlifting?

Freak
    I figure they go somewhat hand-in-hand, but if not... I'm more interested in olympic lifting.

Tom-- Two totally different sports. Powerlifters do the squat, bench press, and deadlift in competition. Olympic lifters do the clean and jerk, and the snatch in competetion.

if your looking for training specs for oly lifts-- CCJ is the expert on this board

As far as Olympic weightlifting goes
    What do you hope to get out of it? It's mostly a whole lot of leg and hip power, although your upper body overhead supporting strength does come into it - shoulders, arms and back. You will have to love squats, because you will be doing a whole crap load of that, and pulling too
    Definitely one of the hardest sports to do. It always looks effortless and smooth when watching people who know how to do them, but its still a a bit of weight your heaving around and that takes effort.

Best is to find a weightlifting club and coach, and he will take care of everything as far as form , technique and training goes. You will probably have to give up bobybuilding stuff and work a lot on flexibility. It takes quite a long time to get good at them, years etc
    Although the basics can be learnt much quicker.

I suppose once you learn them you can leave the club and do what you want on your own. Or do them together with your own stuff, use the coach and club to learn the lifts once or twice a week, while you also work out on your own doing whatever you want.

Learning on your own is way harder, not only will it take 4 times longer, but you will have bad habits and so on like me