Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Olympic Lifting and Plyometrics........

Dnutz

I was thinking of starting a program for increasing my vertical jump, and i heard a lot of olympic lifters have really high verts. I wanted to know if i did like olympic lifts on monday and plyos on tuesday then took wednesday off and then did OL's again on thursday and then plyos on friday if it would help my vertical or would it be overtraining? My current vert is about 30 inches and im 5'8, 150lbs, if that helps any, if anybody has any knowledge on this please reply, thanks!!

squatting helps more IMO, heavy 80%+ and lighter fast squats at 50% of 1RM.

Once you can full squat 2 times your bodyweight then you can start plyos and depth jumps.

Sure OL can jump high, but they have strong legs from all the squatting they do! Squatting, plyos and plenty of jumping will do the trick.

OL are basicly loaded jumps. You won't be able to OL much if your squat is weak.

To coolcoolj.........

can u recommend me a program to start for like a beginner for OLs or squats and stuff for vert training, and also do u have aim, aol instant messenger so we can talk about training? thans again!

I don't use any of those services, I do have icq and MSN

I don't recommend OL unless you have a coach, injury risk is very high. Its taken me a good 6 months, until recently where my form is starting to get much better.

just squat your ass of and you will make gains. I really rather not give you a program because I don't really think I'm in a position to do so.

but read this big thread - it will give you pointers

http://www.elitefitness.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=137641

in this thread you will find a link to a good program.

If you have some money to spend, then I suggest you buy the vertical jump book from Westside, this book is the only book you need on vertical jumping. It comes with a 6 week program, and will give you plenty of info needed to design your own program, and rates all the best exercises out there

http://www.flexcart.com/members/elitefts/default.asp?m=PD&cid=134&pid=477

Top Bottom