Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Olympic lifting

doing it with proper form isn't going to be dangerous man

keep in mind though your disc health will detierotate faster when you go heavy, jerks and military presses overhead are going to do a lot of damage in the long run. i've got 3 herniated discs in my neck from years of super heavy clean and jerks, militaries, benching, etc.

the lesson is don't do what i did. train smart. don't let your ego get in the way. i'm not against powerlifting super heavy, however if you choose that route you need to take breaks

doing it with proper form isn't going to be dangerous man

keep in mind though your disc health will detierotate faster when you go heavy, jerks and military presses overhead are going to do a lot of damage in the long run. i've got 3 herniated discs in my neck from years of super heavy clean and jerks, militaries, benching, etc.

the lesson is don't do what i did. train smart. don't let your ego get in the way. i'm not against powerlifting super heavy, however if you choose that route you need to take breaks

what would you suggest as an alternative to overhead press? I don’t do anymore & instead do shoulder width push presses to front or dips now. I try to use neutral grips as much as possible & do no normal deadlifts or back rested squats.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can I get good results from training olympic lifting ? Or is it dangerous?

Depends on what you mean by results but probably yes.

I wouldn't say it's dangerous but mastering those super technical movements takes a hell of a lot practicing.

what would you suggest as an alternative to overhead press? I don’t do anymore & instead do shoulder width push presses to front or dips now. I try to use neutral grips as much as possible & do no normal deadlifts or back rested squats.

when I interviewed Frank Zane he actually gave 1 piece of advice which is super true.. and that is the shoulders are always overtrained. this is why half the guys in your gym have some sort of rotator tear.

so the lesson is you don't have to obsess over training shoulders. if anything you need to train them less.. you are already overtraining them doing normal lifting.

If you have healthy shoulders, there is nothing wrong with the overhead press.

Just warm up the rotator cuffs properly before exercising

Top Bottom