Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Olympic Lifters

OlympicLifter17

I was wondering how many olympic lifters or ex olympic lifter post here? Iam still fairly new to the sport but having a load of fun for the small amount of training i have done.

lifter

I have dabbled and been coached in australia by the assistant coach of strength and conditioning at the australian institute of sport. nothing serious or long term.

I Currently lack the flexabilty for the sport.....but it is something i want to get back into. Once i can squat somwhere near 800lbs(many years away) i will probably switch over....or be involved with both sports.

I sort of want to be like whats his name.....shane hamman (dont knowe how to spell it) He seems to be doing very well for an ex PLer

please dont ask me about weights! I have never competed or maxed out on OL

yes it is fun....but hard work. It gave me a run for my money and taught me some discipline

15yrs? thats pretty awsome. Iam still fairly new to the sport. I have been doing olympic lifts for along time just never a full board olympic routine. My goals are to clean 315 and snatch bodyweight. Clean has a chance but it will be tough to snatch my bodyweight of 250lbs and iam still growing lol..hopfully i wont outgrow my abilities. Iam about to invest in Dreschlers book... right now iam reading Mel Siffs SuperTraining and hope to get his FF soon. Both have helped alot with knowledge and a better understand of what we do.

lifter

Also recommended:
Training of the Weightlifter, RA Roman
A System of Multi-Year Training, AS Medvedyev

I referenced quite a few other things at the bottom of the snatch sticky.

Day 1:

Snatch
Powerclean
Jerk From Rack
Front Squat
SLDL
Military Press
Med Ball Explosive drill
Back Raises

Day 2:

Clean
Power Snatch
Clean Pull
Back squats
Bench Press
Sit ups
Glut ham Raise

Day 3:

Snatch from Knee
Clean and Jerk
Snatch Pull
Front Squat
Deadlifts
Crunches
weighted GPP
Step ups

I normally do a short cycle of a few unweighted GPP exercies to get a good active stretch. I also do alot of varrying.. this is just the basic starting point.

lifter

Good. Any lighter days to improve technique as well as speed recovery? This can also be done for GPP.

I do alot of GPP work.. iam actually a fanatic when it comes to GPP just have to stop myself from over doing it sometimes. As far as training for technique and stuff.. i normally do that during my session. I think once iam outta HS i will beable to do it.. its also very hard to do when i work most of the time 5 days a wk 9-10hrs a day.

lifter

I will amost always perform a second workout later in the day, working on specific weak points but with much lighter weights. For example, if my overall shoulder strength is not where it should be, and I wish to work on my snatch tecnique, I will bang out a quick workout in the 60-70% range, 8-10 sets of 2-3 reps with power snatches superset with snatch grip press behind the neck. On days where I am particularly in a hurry, I will sometimes alternate the repetitions, power snatching the first rep, lower into SGPBN, press, and lower to starting position, and repeat for three reps, 8 - 10 sets.

Top Bottom