Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Olympic Lifters

Also try Overhead squatting a weight then holding the bottom postion and doing military presses.

My first coach made me do this quite a bit, since I always had the ability to pull the hell out of a snatch, my success was pretty much determined by my ability to catch and stabilize it at the bottom.

I hated them then. And a little more than 30 years later, I still hate them. Even more. Lots more.

This is actually rather odd when you consider that I like the snatch, and would rather snatch grip press than any other type of press. It is just the fact that the reduction in weight that I have to use is so incredibly devastating to my ego.

Finally.. i think iam finally getting used to the movment now.. the split jerk is comming along better.. Iam getting a nice dip now. Thank yall for helpping me out. Still not done working it yet.. but getting closer.

Lifter

I'm just curious what are you squatting now - front and back?

and what are you power cleaning for 3 to 5 reps?

CoolColJ said:
strange you powerclean more than you front squat ?! :)

I use the cross over grip on the front squats.. i know not really the athlete way of doing it... I can clean grip more but cant take the stress it leaves me on my wrist from holding it for a long period of time. Iam a very unflexiable person.

lifter

Then maybe you shouldn't be getting in OL -

OL'ers are usually born very flexible - most of them could do splits, even before they do any stretching program! I can't say I can do a split yet, but I'm pretty flexible.

I can for example touch my heels, when doing hamstring stretches sitting on the ground - going over my toes :)

Top Bottom