Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

old tyme wrestling experts... (someone fetch avernip)

avyrebirth said:
I heard he was chased away by Tripleblonde......Anyway to the question....

This was used a lot in the 70’s and 80’s (used mostly by independent wrestling companies now) and it involved something called flash paper (contains a substance that is highly flammable). When a very small amount of lighter fluid is placed on the paper, all a wrestler would have to do is light it and it produced an exploding effect. The stunt would have to be timed just right so not too burn the other wrestlers face. I only know of one wrestler (Jerry Lawler) who was ever actually hurt (taken to the hospital and released later that night) by it. Usually the effect of the explosion looks a lot worse (or better) on TV—in person, if one were to be sitting directly across from the wrestlers, the explosion would look fake, because you would be able to see that there is some distance between the two wrestlers.

The blowing fire out of the month was usually done with alcohol and a lighter. The alcohol was either sipped just before or placed under the tongue or the side of the mouth in a small baggy and broken open just before. That baggy was also used when a wrestler would spit mist (combination of food coloring and water).

A Referee would help out with most of the above stuff.

Hope that answers your question.

DUDE! Don't stay gone. Your omniscient knowledge of wrestling is needed here! Especially in the Wrestling board.

avyrebirth said:

This was used a lot in the 70’s and 80’s (used mostly by independent wrestling companies now) and it involved something called flash paper (contains a substance that is highly flammable). When a very small amount of lighter fluid is placed on the paper, all a wrestler would have to do is light it and it produced an exploding effect. The stunt would have to be timed just right so not too burn the other wrestlers face. I only know of one wrestler (Jerry Lawler) who was ever actually hurt (taken to the hospital and released later that night) by it. Usually the effect of the explosion looks a lot worse (or better) on TV—in person, if one were to be sitting directly across from the wrestlers, the explosion would look fake, because you would be able to see that there is some distance between the two wrestlers.

The blowing fire out of the month was usually done with alcohol and a lighter. The alcohol was either sipped just before or placed under the tongue or the side of the mouth in a small baggy and broken open just before. That baggy was also used when a wrestler would spit mist (combination of food coloring and water).

DUDE! Don't stay gone. Your omniscient knowledge of wrestling is needed here! Especially in the Wrestling board.

avyrebirth said:

never mind, he's back....lol

tiger88 said:
ok that was odd

u mention his name and he shows up with new name right away?

explain ur slef young man

i thought aveintirup blew donkey balls. i hated the poser. wherever you are now, stop whatever you are doing and thank God i didnt kill you. :)

tiger88 said:
ok that was odd

u mention his name and he shows up with new name right away?

explain ur slef young man

what can I say? people love it when I call them.

Ok, who remembers the Old Shiek... that dude could shoot flames from his FINGERTIPS... whoa.

Top Bottom