Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Old School-type program. Cornholio, I'd like your input.

gettinlarger

I'm thinking I'm going to change it up from DC in a little while. I just don't think it's my kind of program. I did try Cornholio's old school routine like ... 10 months ago ... and I really liked it, so I thought I'd give it a whirl again. I made a few revisions, and added a few of my own ideas. Those familiar with this kind of program, let me know what you think. Cornholio especially.

Monday
Deads 5x5 or 5x3
rows 3x8
Chins 2x8
military press 5x5
calves 3x15

Wednesday
bench/incline bench 5x5
flat/incline db press 2x8
Barbell curls 5x5
Incline Db curls 2x8
calves 5x5

Friday
cleans 5x3
Close grip bench/Dips 5x5
Skullcrushers 2x8
Squats 5x5

I may have decided to stick with DC style after all, after tonight's workout. My strength is continuously increasing, so if it ain't broke, I ain't fixin' it. But, I still am going to change it up. I'm thinking July sometime. That will give me about 12-14 weeks on DC.

"Cornholio, I'd like your input. "

Man, that just sounds BAD.....:)

bb1495d5c95887a6ad9a86b0cf225389.jpg

gettinlarger said:
I'm thinking I'm going to change it up from DC in a little while. I just don't think it's my kind of program. I did try Cornholio's old school routine like ... 10 months ago ... and I really liked it, so I thought I'd give it a whirl again. I made a few revisions, and added a few of my own ideas. Those familiar with this kind of program, let me know what you think. Cornholio especially.

Monday
Deads 5x5 or 5x3
rows 3x8
Chins 2x8
military press 5x5
calves 3x15

Wednesday
bench/incline bench 5x5
flat/incline db press 2x8
Barbell curls 5x5
Incline Db curls 2x8
calves 5x5

Friday
cleans 5x3
Close grip bench/Dips 5x5
Skullcrushers 2x8
Squats 5x5

imo....you lose a lot of the training intensity by dropping the 20 reppers.

I would recommend eithert needs straight 5x5 OR my old program....a hybrid really isnt as good as either original....

How would you define intensity? For me, it is working as close to my maximum as I possibly can, leaving nothing left. By not having the 20 rep sets, you don't take away the fact that you can push yourself for the designated number of reps...

Re: Re: Old School-type program. Cornholio, I'd like your input.

Cornholio said:

imo....you lose a lot of the training intensity by dropping the 20 reppers.

I would recommend eithert needs straight 5x5 OR my old program....a hybrid really isnt as good as either original....

I'd like to do your old program. But, the lower back is worked 3x a week with the squats, deads, and squats again. Thoughts?

I think the catalyst for growth is change rather than the specific program (as long as it is reasonably solid). For that very reason I’m changing from DC to 5x5 in a few weeks…

Top Bottom