Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Okie Crew and others...

Mac Sledge

Just thought I would finally jump in here. After much prodding from Benchmonster I would like to introduce myself.

I probably subscribe to the bodybuilder look over the powerlifter but I think we can all learn from each other. I will run down my pathetic stats in the near future.

The Benchmonster just happens to be my brother

Mac

Glad you finally said Hi to the group.

Mac Sledge is not a powerlifter, guys, but he is very strong and athletic. Probably one of the few on the board that can dunk a basketball. Also a Hell of a softball player and quite a guy. He happens to be my real life brother, and can attest to the pathetic puny creature I used to be.

B.

What's this used to be talk? You are still quite puny and pathetic. Don't be so hard on yourself. ;)

Welcome aboard. Bunch of great guys and positive attitudes on here. You will be a powerlifter in no time. Mwuahahhahahhaha(evil laugh)

Don't take this personally, I am just asking this out of curiousity...

"The Dunking Issue"

Before I begin, please let me say that I am only 5'11", 215lbs, and can squat around 450 (olympic squat style). I have always squatted with a narrow stance, I could never get the hang of a wide "power squat" stance. However, my glutes and lower back are very developed. I can easily dunk a basketball. I can jump off of both legs with no start and do it, I can take a couple of steps and dunk off of my right foot. Oh, and I am white.

The deal is-- I have always been under the assumption that people who are strong squatters (and aren't extremely short or overweight) have good vertical jumps. Based on that assumption, I would have to disagree that there is a lack of people on this (powerlifting) board that can dunk a basketball. Its nothing major, just the first time I've really heard someone say to a group of powerlifters that they cannot jump. ANYWAY, I just assumed that most of the guys here could dunk based on their listed squat maxes (I am probably average to below average). I have also heard that PL/Oly lifters have better 20 yrd dash times than most sprinters. That may or may not be correct, it is just what I have read/heard.

Not making a big deal out of a little thing, the topic just sort of interested me. Oh, and welcome to the board, Mac Sledge.

latinus- i can dunk a mini basketball on an 8'5" net, top that hot shot :) btw, im white, i have no "ups" at all, and im only 5'5

Top Bottom