Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Okie Crew and others...

Thanks for the support, benchmonster. Actually, I have competed in powerlifting and I did enjoy it very much. My first meet was a NASA meet when I was 11 years old. I benched 105, deadlifted 135 and squatted 155. I placed second in my class, which had two lifters in it! Hehehe. I've lifted weights since I was 9 years old, but I wrestled and played football through the end of high school and never really got into powerlifting again until I discovered westside. I want to enter a meet later this year just to get back into the game and for fun. I live in Kansas, so I will probably have to travel to missouri, oklahoma or texas to be able to find a decent meet.

Don't know what kind of shape you are in right now, but the best powerlifting meet West of Florida is going to be held in Eufala Cove, Eufala, Oklahoma on July 6th. It is a bench meet, anything up through double ply allowed, should be at least one 600 lbs bencher, many 500 + including two from the Okie crew, and after the meet there is a bikini contest that will blow your mind.

Last year a college cheerleader won it, and my god, she could have won on any stage anywhere. It is a great time. My favorite event of the year. There will be well over 2,000 people there and over 100 lifters.

And those are outstanding numbers for a kid. By the way, where in Kansas? If you live in southern Kansas, and the drive is not too long, you are welcome to train with us in the Dungeon. The okie crew tries to get together about once per month at least for a bench session in my dungeon. Bring your courage, and nothing else, I provide the food and drinks.

If you are interested pm me.

B.

Deciever, I floor pressed today. Got a triple with 405. The last time I flat benched, I did 4 sets of 5 with 325. I sumo deadlifted 495 for 3 the last time I deadlifted. I have no idea what my squat is, I haven't done any heavy squatting since my disc got f'd up a few months ago. The heaviest I have ever done was 520 for a set of 3, that was in august.

Benchmonster, I go to KU. I have been living in Andover (southern ks) since finals were over but I am going back for the fourth of july so there is no way I could make the meet. Even if I could, screwball would probably try to kill me. Thanks anyway.

Now why would I want to kill you, latinus spicticus? I can overlook the fact that you are a Jayhawk. You are welcome to train with the Okie Crew anytime you want. Let's set something up.

Screwball and I both went to OU, and we get along just fine with bigokie who goes to OSU, so if we can put up with a Cowboy, I am sure we can keep from killing a Jayhawk.

If you are ever wanting to come down, either for a meet or to train, we have a big bench session on Sundays, just let me know. I have someone over to train, almost every sunday. The Okie crew as often as possible and on the sundays we can't all get together, I usually have some locals over. You are welcome here anytime.

B.

You guys are so damn cool. Powerlifters are hard to find around here, friendly ones are even more rare. My brother lives in Texas anyway, so next time I drive down to visit him I'll let you know and try to set up a time so I can get schooled by some real lifters. I've never lifted with elite guys before, I am sure it will be nothing but an awesome experience to meet and train with you all. Thanks again for your invitation and the help you've given me on the board, it is sincerely appreciated.

Peace.

None of us have totalled "Elite", yet. but we are elite regarding the elitefitness sight. We would be more than happy to have you down any time. Just let me or Screwball, or bigokie know when you are coming down.

BTW, I met both bigokie and Screwball through this site, and I now consider them some of my very best freinds in the world. Powerlifters are in general some of the best people on the planet. They will literally give you the shirt off their backs if yours blows out. Try finding that kind of comeraderie and good spirit in another sport.

B.

Top Bottom