Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Okie Crew Invades The Asylum

Hannibal

Elite Mentor
Platinum
Today was what powerlifting is all about. The Okie Crew hopped in a car and drove several hours just to lift with us. It was an awesome day.

First we did what all good powerlifters do...we went to the All You Can Eat Buffet. Tanked up on food...and then it was time to TRAIN!! Started off with 2 Board Press (some with shirts and some without). I think EVERYONE hit some very impressive PR's. I cannot stress enough how much motivation there is when there is NEW BLOOD in the gym. It was good for me to get my ass kicked today...made me HUNGRY!!

Let me see if I can get the numbers right....

Benchmonster "shirted": 520 (tried 560 and got out of the groove)

Screwball "no shirt":441

Hannibal "shirted":441 (missed 419, came back and got it then said "FUCK IT" and got 441...44lbPR)

BigOkie "no shirt":331 ( I think...and dont know if he got a shirt press down)

Project "no shirt": 265 (22lbPR)

Spatts: 221 (188 was old PR...33lb PR)

I apologize if the numbers are off. After that we went into the new "magic lockout move"...and then Bench showed us all how to do JM Presses the right way. Then for another hour or so we sat around in a roundtable type discussion and exchanged lifting ideas. Thats what so great about powerlifting. After that went out for BBQ...and sat around for another couple of hours talkin about everything under the sun as it relates to powerlifting.

Today was a good day....thanks to the Okies for coming up...you are ALWAYS WELCOME.

wow! you guys are making huge prs!

bench- impressive, as usual
screwball- 441 with no shirt, damn! you'll be getting that 500 bench soon enough
hannibal- wow.. i never thought you were that strong... very nice, and yuor making HUGE gains!
big okie- great job, you'll be hittin 4 plates before you know it
project- nice PR, your lifts are really starting to get up there.. how much do you wiegh btw?
spatts- wow... you continually set new PRs... and to top it off, you brutally outlift me , and make me feel weak

Deciever said:

hannibal- wow.. i never thought you were that strong... very nice, and yuor making HUGE gains!

yeah....who knew

:lmao:

Deciever said:
lol i knew you were strong, but i didnt know you could 2 board press 441 lbs...wow..

Yeah the learning curve on the shirt is STEEP...learning quickly though.

Actually very excited about my bench now. Gonna get me some new triceps between now and Dec.

Let me extend a warm thanks to the KC crew. We really appreciate you guys having us up. It was a great training day. Very nice to finally meet you guys in person.

Can't say enough about how nice everyone was. And smart and strong and motivated to improve. Awesome day. Everyone set PRs, which is what it is all about. I always have a great day when I train with the Okies, and this was no exception, although it may have been better than usual.

Great facility in the Asylum. Wonderful setup, and although we were not squatting today, I must say that Hanibal's reverse hyper, which I had to try out, is by far the nicest one I have ever used. Very sturdy and smooth. A great gym.

The Asylum crew all stepped up to the plate and cranked out some serious PR's. I had a great time, built some new strength, for sure, and I hope everyone else did as well.

And for those who have not had the pleasure, you are missing out by not meeting these folks in person. I am glad I was able to make the trip. And you guys are welcome in the Dungeon any time at all.

B.

benchmonster said:
Let me extend a warm thanks to the KC crew. We really appreciate you guys having us up. It was a great training day. Very nice to finally meet you guys in person.

Definitely something that we should make a "regular" thing. I need to get my ass kicked at least once a month...now THATS motivation.

Top Bottom