Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Is it okay to do nightly pushups/crunches everyday?

oh boy!

I hit the gym hard during the day doing specific muscles, working out atleast 6 times/day and doing same muscles no more then 2 times per week, at night before dinner or going out i like to do some pushups/crunches just to get a pump and bigger appetite, is this okay? or should i not do that because thats overworking the muscles? (i doubt it because i do like 40 pushups and situps for a total of 10 mins)

How long have you been training? 6 times a week (I assume you meant week, not day), working each muscle group twice is probalby overtraining in it of itself. Doing pushups/crunches probalby just makes that worse. In my opinion, pushups are a light exercise and honestly doesn't do much for you except maybe to serve as a warmup. Crunches... your abs are just like any other muscle. Train it once (maybe twice, since its one of those muscles that heal faster, like forearms and calves) a week.

You grow outside of the gym, not in it. Exercise just acts as a way to stimulate growth.

What are your training goals? This is the most important factor.

My general recommendations are 1 bodypart per week. Abs 2-3x. Also, dropping and doing pushups when not properly warmed up can do more harm than good.

Personally, I'm training to go into Army basic and OCS so I have to be very focused on pushups/situps/and running. I do pushups 3x per week (never on chest day), abs 3x per week (2x situps and 1x leg raises).

Post up your goals. Weight gain? Sports Performance? Weight loss? Military Training?

Frorider is right...depends on your goals. If you're trying to induce hypertrophy, you may want to back off and let those fibers heal thoroughly before reripping them.

If your not too worried about growing, you're on the right track. If you are training hard at the gym, 6 days a week is overtraining. Throw in daily push-ups and your body won't recover from anything and progress will halt, and probably reverse.

Top Bottom