Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Ok, who else is an Ectomorph?

Audio8

Aparently I'm an ectomorph cause I can eat and eat and not gain anything. And it's real hard to gain muscle as well. I'veread that the best program for us ecto's is to simply EAT ANYTHING AND EERYTHING. Forget that "clean" shit. Only this way, you can make gains. We're also supposed to not do any cardio as well, which is a new one on me. Keeping the energy levels low (except in the gym of course) is key to maximizing every calorie. Wonderful. Everything I was doing, was wrong! No wonder I havn't had great gains. Well, time to Rinse and repeat.

I am also and everything you stated above has proven to be true for me except the eat "Anything" part. You should have a good diet no matter what.

Once you start putting on weight you will be glad to be a hardgainer because every ounce of muscle you put on makes a big difference in the way you look.

lincoln said:
Once you start putting on weight you will be glad to be a hardgainer because every ounce of muscle you put on makes a big difference in the way you look.

This has certainly been my experience as and extreme ectomorph. We do have one other advantage in that the vascularity comes easy:)

There are pro's and cons. I was 6 1" 120lbs in high school. My frame is very small. But... then put on 94 lbs. and the small writsts and waist look good.

On the other hand... it's so damn hard to get bigger, it'll drive you insane.

I used to hate it.... now I don't mind it so much.

hardgainer here too. Maybe not as bad as some though.

The things that make a difference for me:
Drink LOTS of water. Not sure why, but it seems to help.
I drink 3 protein shakes a day. 2 Mass Quantities from Spellwin and 1 Myoplex in addition to 3 meals.
I eat clean, but not perfect. No sense in eating any other way. Fries and Soda are kept to a minimum. Milk does a body good.
I drink my Myoplex AS SOON AS I leave the gym. It's in a cooler in my car waiting for me.
I now keep a training log.
I cycle on and off creatine. Maybe 3 weeks on and 4 or so off.

I had done all of these things at some point before in my workouts, just never together. I put them all together and BAM, weight starts to come on.

One more thing. My lifts are perfect in form almost all the time. 2-3 count down, 2 count up (on bench for example). No bouncing. No cheating. And you'd be suprised how much you can increase the intensity of your lifts. It's a mental thing.

Top Bottom