Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

OK..rip it up guys. I need input.

kamaboko

OK….I’m getting pretty damn sick of spending 1.5/hrs six days a week in the gym, watching my diet, and not seeing any results. I thought I was taking this sh_t seriously, but apparently not enough. So, it looks like we got some pretty hard core MF’s here that like to take it to the limit. Tell me, what the hell do I do? About me…36yrs, 6’0” tall, 175lbs. Body fat..I don’t know, but not much now. I can pinch a little. Though I do have a problem with it. I can certainly put it on. I want to put on at least 10lbs of good muscle. That’s my initial goal for the moment. One step at a time, right?

A typical workout would be…and I do mix it up with diff body parts each time.

Flat bench press 3x
Incline flies 3x
· Dips for chest 2x
· Across-bench pullovers 2x
One-arm pully side raises 3x
Incline side raises 3x
Seated dumbbell presses 3x
One-arm push downs 4x
Two-dumbbell kick backs 4x
Leg extensions 4x
Hack squats 4x
Leg raises 3x
Scissors 3x
Crunches 3x
Aerobics – 20 min.

A typical day for food…

1. light protein drink before gym, flaxseed oil
2. post workout. (Myoplex) Protein drink, glutamin
3. home made burritto..w/chicken and green beans, flaxseed oil
4. brown rice, broccolli, egg beaters, chicken
5. potato, chicken, green beans
6. whole wheat spaggetti, broccolli, chicken
7. cottage cheese, orange

All of this comes to around 2700 calories…48% protein, 42% carbs, 10% fat.

Well, there it is people. Rip this sh_t up. I’m tired of being the guy in the gym not getting results. Let’s make something HAPPEN here!!

Thanks for the input.
K

your diet is the problem:NO PASTA,NO SHAKES,NO ORANGE.-EAT:FISH,CHICKEN,TURKEY,RED MEAT 3 TIMES A WEEK-you need over 300g a day protein to build muscle

Well the main problem is the workouts are to long. Most people respond to intense workouts the ideal workout should be between 45min - 1 hr. I bet doing that alone will help your progress. If you want to increase the intesity add super sets, drop sets, well you get the idea. Just make sure to keep workouts under an 1hr. Also I would drop the cardio if your trying to bulk.

I am a big fan of splitting your body up 4 ways, and hitting each body part 1x per week but with real intensity. You say you train 6 days per week, I know for me that would be way overtraining and I definitely wouldn't grow off that. My workouts tend to take 1 1/2 hours, but the first 20 minutes is a VERY thorough warmup.
Here's a basic layout of the routine that helped me go from 150-220lbs.
Day 1 chest/abs/calves
Day 2 back/shoulders
Day 3 rest
Day 4 rest
Day 5 bi's/tri's/forearms
Day 6 quads/hams/calves
Day 7 rest
If you go a month or two and are ot making any size or strength gains, then your routine isn't working and try something else, no point beating a dead horse!

yeah dude 6 days a week is a lot. plus, only eat pasta before a workout, or those carbs will turn right into fat. try some high intensity stuff. hard and heavy, always until failure. in the past year ive gained about 20-25 pounds and gotten a lot stronger (bench increased approx 50 lbs, among other things). if you want, look into a product called 1-AD. its a pill that converts into testosterone in the body and increases it up to 700% = weight gained, muscle gained, strength increased. just dont use it continuously. prolonged use may possibly hurt fertility. i dunno. i went on it for about 2 months and that helped a lot. go to a local nutritional place or whatever and ask about it.

gettinlarger said:
yeah dude 6 days a week is a lot. plus, only eat pasta before a workout, or those carbs will turn right into

^6 days is too much the most i ever do is 4 times a week for an hour each session. Weightlifting is very strenuous on your body so overtraining will limit your performance. About the carbs though they don't turn directly inot fat, the more complex they are longer it takes to break them down which in turn gives a steady supply of energy. only exccess calories will help you gain weight (good or bad) meaning fat and muscle. something is wrong with your percentages on the protein only 8% to gain weight bump the calories up to 3000 and see if you gain , fi you don't then bump another 200 calories. try this out for 2 weeks and see what happens.

Guess I'll just reinforce what's already been said. 1) You should split your workout to certain muscle groups 3 or 4 days per week. Doing everything in one day won't do your muscles justice.

As for diet, you're eating for someone who wants to cut, not bulk. I would get rid of the glutamine and flax seed oil for now and add more lean protein to your diet. Your carbs look fine to me, even the whole wheat spagetti. Other suggestions: chicken/turkey sandwich on whole grain bread, oatmeal in the am, and if you must eat fruit, eat it in the am.

OK guys, good stuff. thanks. a couple of questions....

carbs before workout. i've tried this before but i felt sluggish. is this an issue of how soon i eat before a workout? perhaps the kinds of carbs? i workout in the mornings. so if i hit the gym at say 6:30, when should i carb up?

too much training. ok, i can see your point. i like to feel completely tapped though when i leave the gym. suggestions for a shorter, but totally exhausting routine? i love the burn, baby i like the feeling of crawling out. ha ha ha.

looking forward to your responses.
k

The point that every guy is making is that your routine can be short but your intensity should be high, extremely high. Do everything past the limit or the goal that is in your head. If the goal is 10 and you get 10 go for 12,13,14 keep pushing until you can't anymore. That will have you crawling out of the gym. "MARK MY WORDS." GO HEAVY AND GO HARD!! The equation is simple math.

(GO HEAVY X GO HARD) + GOOD DIET = MAJOR MUSCLE MASS

jus' throwin pennies in the fountain...

kamaboko said:

carbs before workout. i've tried this before but i felt sluggish. is this an issue of how soon i eat before a workout? perhaps the kinds of carbs? i workout in the mornings. so if i hit the gym at say 6:30, when should i carb up?

looking forward to your responses.
k

Its probably how many carbs you had. To much and you get tired

Top Bottom