Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

ok, now I think Fedor is ducking the UFC.

I think Mir's whole strategy revolved around getting a leg lock out of half guard.

you're the MMA expert around here, but that seems like a retarded strategy. Like he was conceding that he has one shot and one shot only. I wish he would have tried to take Lesnar down when he had him rocked instead of trying to do that goofy flying knee to get through Lesnars cover up. I would love to see what Brock does when he get's put on his back.

As for your previous post on HW talent outside of the UFC, Overeem is the only guy out there that I can see being a decent fight for Fedor. He didn't look all that great when he beat on Crocop in Dream, so I'm not sure what he could possibly do to Fedor. But I haven't seen him fight that much so who knows. Who's over at strikeforce in the HW division besides overeem? I just think that the HW division in the UFC has the most burgeoning talent right now.

Fedor is bad ass, butt I'm knot sure he could stop Brock's take downs.

He won't need to worry about that. I'm pretty sure Fedor would put him out from punches. Fedor's fist are to fast for brock. He's never had anyone in mma come at him with that kind of hand speed. Brock just like most grapplers don't take strikes well. You can all say randy hit him and stayed up, but randy isn't no ko puncher either. Fedor's fucking him up if they fight soon. By ko or tko.

We also dont know how hard lesnar can take a hit. He has only been punched a few times and they werent very hard, but it seemed like he got flustered when randy and mir tagged him a few times.

BINGO!!! Everyone talks about his ground but the way to beat him is to put fist and kicks in his face. He won't be able to hold up. He's never been there before and will panic. He'll fade.

BINGO!!! Everyone talks about his ground but the way to beat him is to put fist and kicks in his face. He won't be able to hold up. He's never been there before and will panic. He'll fade.

I agree with you here. Why bother going to the ground with Lesnar when his chin is untested? Getting slugged in the gym is very different than getting slugged by an opponent with bad intentions.

I agree with you here. Why bother going to the ground with Lesnar when his chin is untested? Getting slugged in the gym is very different than getting slugged by an opponent with bad intentions.

Yup. The difference from the people in his gym, is anyone he fights is really going to try to knock him out.

you're the MMA expert around here, but that seems like a retarded strategy. Like he was conceding that he has one shot and one shot only. I wish he would have tried to take Lesnar down when he had him rocked instead of trying to do that goofy flying knee to get through Lesnars cover up. I would love to see what Brock does when he get's put on his back.

As for your previous post on HW talent outside of the UFC, Overeem is the only guy out there that I can see being a decent fight for Fedor. He didn't look all that great when he beat on Crocop in Dream, so I'm not sure what he could possibly do to Fedor. But I haven't seen him fight that much so who knows. Who's over at strikeforce in the HW division besides overeem? I just think that the HW division in the UFC has the most burgeoning talent right now.

I think the good heavyweights are spread around the various leagues. Overeem's striking is a real threat to Fedor. He outstruck Cro-cop and threw Cro-cop arond like a rag doll. He outstruck Remy Bonjansky in K-1 kickboxing, losing an absolute bullshit decision, and he knocked out Badr Hari in K-1 also.

Strikeforce has Brett Rogers who is a real heavy hitting, acurate, and huge heavyweight. Rogers recently knocked Andre Arlovski out within 40 seconds of the first round. Rogers is still very green though. I think he has only had 10 or so pro matches. I think Strikeforce is getting Werdum, but I'm not completely sure.

By the time those guys are ready for Fedor he might be past his prime. I dunno, maybe he can get better as he get's older, like Randy. But Randy had guys' like Lidell and Ortiz to push him. I'm just saying that imo, the best fights for Fedor right now are obviously in the UFC. I haven't heard of Rogers or Badr, I'll have to check them out. I just want him to go to the UFC and smash Brock and then take a couple good fights. I can't beleive it's "all" Dana's doing that Fedor isn't there. I know Dana's contract stipulations are sketch, but I would think that he would have dropped some of those considering that a Lesnar/Fedor matchup has a trillion dollars written all over it. I'm not suggesting Fedor is scared of anybody in the UFC, although the thread title does suggest that.......I just think he might be too high and mighty himself. Put that together with Dana's ego and we'll probably never see it happen, which pisses me off. I'm already pissed how many years we've lost of Fedor bullshitting around with middleweights, it's annoying. This guy is possibly my favorite athlete "of all time".

I think the good heavyweights are spread around the various leagues. Overeem's striking is a real threat to Fedor. He outstruck Cro-cop and threw Cro-cop arond like a rag doll. He outstruck Remy Bonjansky in K-1 kickboxing, losing an absolute bullshit decision, and he knocked out Badr Hari in K-1 also.

Strikeforce has Brett Rogers who is a real heavy hitting, acurate, and huge heavyweight. Rogers recently knocked Andre Arlovski out within 40 seconds of the first round. Rogers is still very green though. I think he has only had 10 or so pro matches. I think Strikeforce is getting Werdum, but I'm not completely sure.

I think there is too much money in a fight between Fedor and Lesnar for all involved parties not to make a serious go at it at some point. Guys who are into MMA like you and I have to be careful about assuming that the average UFC fan knows as much as we know about various fighters. I am willing to bet the typical mainstream UFC fan has no idea who Fedor is. Fedor may use Strikeforce to get mainstream American exposure, thus increasing the total value of the fight.

The UFC has proven willing to cross promote with other organizations. Back several years ago, the UFC cross promoted with pride and had Chuck Liddel fight in the Pride Middle-Weight Grand Prix. They even had Dana White and Randy Couture as commentators on the Pride pay-per-view.

I think in the end we will get Lesnar vs. Fedor. Hopefully it will work out for the better. By that time Lesnar will have more experience making him better able to withstand a versatile fighter like Fedor. Right now, I can't see Lesnar dealing with the accuracy, speed, and power of Fedor's striking.

He won't need to worry about that. I'm pretty sure Fedor would put him out from punches. Fedor's fist are to fast for brock. He's never had anyone in mma come at him with that kind of hand speed. Brock just like most grapplers don't take strikes well. You can all say randy hit him and stayed up, but randy isn't no ko puncher either. Fedor's fucking him up if they fight soon. By ko or tko.

Again, I'm knot sure who wood win.

Agreed, if Fedor connected he could KTFO Lesnar, butt he wood have to worry about Lesnar's takedowns and ground n pound.

For a striker to land a KO blow he has to plant his feet, if Brock were smart he would continually move and then find a trailing leg and shoot for a takedown.

Again, I'm knot sure who wood win.

Agreed, if Fedor connected he could KTFO Lesnar, butt he wood have to worry about Lesnar's takedowns and ground n pound.

For a striker to land a KO blow he has to plant his feet, if Brock were smart he would continually move and then find a trailing leg and shoot for a takedown.

Currently, he dosen't have the skill to avoid Fedors strikes. Not like he hasn't faced good wrestlers or better before. Takedowns is all he can do to avoid his strikes. He has no head movement, footwork, kicks, or good hands to keep Fedor off him. Brock is a great young talent and could be better in time. He got by with fighting other grapplers with limited striking, strenght, and size. He won't be able to do what he's done to other with Fedor. I don't see anything that Brock can do that Fedor can't handle.

Top Bottom