Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Ok guys workout routines on and off AS and how they differ

scout69

While on I tend to workout with a greater intensity but my workouts dont seem to last as long as when im off..I usually do a 5 on 2 off and occassionaly 4 on 3 off depending whats going on in my life

scout69 said:
While on I tend to workout with a greater intensity but my workouts dont seem to last as long as when im off..I usually do a 5 on 2 off and occassionaly 4 on 3 off depending whats going on in my life

Well I have never been "on" but thats exactly my routine. Large muscle Groups have own day while smaller are combined.

I switch my routines around, but not because I'm "on" or not. Usually the only difference is a few more sets and added intensity. I'm currently off, but at the moment my routine looks like:

back/rear+side delts
chest/front delts
off
legs
arms
off
off

Will be switching in a month or so to:

chest/biceps
legs
off
back
off
shoulders/triceps
off

Am I the only guy that does two workouts a day? I used to do ab work in the early morning and lift in the evening but I have reversed that. I'm really trying hard to get my life arraigned so I can get a session in the middle of the day to work on my martial arts forms.

I'm not try to say look how great I am or put anybody else down but I'm fifty and I've been training with this kind of intensity since I was at least twenty. It was common when I was in my twenties and doing a shit load of martial arts to put on a wet gi on the morning because it hadn't had time to dry from the night before.

So when you are looking at your training schedules just ask yourself are you really putting your heart and soul into it?

One of the best lessons my teacher ever gave me was in the form of a question. "So what's your limit?" I didn't know what my limit was so I went looking for it. Everytime I thought I had reached my limit I pushed a little more. And sure enough I hadn't found my limit.

Now-a-days i just stick with the program I'm on, but I'm in favor of cuttin the volume when the cycle is over. Right now I'm doing another run of 5x5 and will becoming of just as I go into the deloading phase.

Big_Joe said:
Am I the only guy that does two workouts a day? I used to do ab work in the early morning and lift in the evening but I have reversed that. I'm really trying hard to get my life arraigned so I can get a session in the middle of the day to work on my martial arts forms.

I'm not try to say look how great I am or put anybody else down but I'm fifty and I've been training with this kind of intensity since I was at least twenty. It was common when I was in my twenties and doing a shit load of martial arts to put on a wet gi on the morning because it hadn't had time to dry from the night before.

So when you are looking at your training schedules just ask yourself are you really putting your heart and soul into it?

One of the best lessons my teacher ever gave me was in the form of a question. "So what's your limit?" I didn't know what my limit was so I went looking for it. Everytime I thought I had reached my limit I pushed a little more. And sure enough I hadn't found my limit.

How much time you spend in the gym isnt the biggest part of being in shape, ripped, or huge. It what you do outside the gym that is just as crucial, ie diet sobriety, and keeping a balanced life. I am all about intensity at the gym and if I spet that much time doing 2 a days I would be exhausted 24/7 and would not have a life. Its all about balance. Props to you if you can do it exsecially at 50. You must have some money or be retired.

Big_Joe said:

I use to like the two workouts a day but now with work not to much ime for that

As I'm actually concerned about getting bigger and stronger my workouts are the same when I blast or cruise.. the difference is the cruise period is lighter weights and some degree of fucking around is usually involved.

intensity is about increasing the weight on the bar.

Top Bottom