Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Oh FUDGE! My rotator cuff is torn

Fast Twitch Fiber

OK, this blows. I have bone spurs which I was aware of and was planning on having removed. My Dr. had an MRI done and there is a partial tear in my RC. He said he wouldn't know how bad the tear is until he gets the arthroscope in me. He's not going to repair the tear unless it's more than 50% torn. If he just takes out the bone spurs, I'm out of the gym for 2-3 months. If the RC needs repairing, I'm gone for 6 months.

My operation isn't scheduled for 3 more weeks. I wonder if I should stay out of the gym? I guess it's possible to make the tear worse. Darn, this sucks.

that sucks for you man i mighta strained my rotator cuff as well but it doesnt hurt too much... just arm extension and heavy weight skullcrushers hurt other than that its ok.. although it happened 2 weeks ago i havent given it much time off .. about 9 days which wasnt in a row so thats prob why it hasnt healed.

anyways i hope your RC isnt torn 6 montths out of the gym would suck.. most of ur strength would be gone, anyways lets hope for the best

bro, I tore mine a while ago. it was not an easy thing to deal with. I'll tell you what I learned - don't stay out of the gym too long. obviously listen to your docs and don't put yourself in any danger of reinjury, but when you are ready - get in the gym. I have some good links for rotator cuff exercises. hit it hard and hit it often. high reps and low weight. your patience will be tested - mine sure as hell was. I also discovered that ART is a god send. A friggin god send. Below is the rehab/strengthening program I used. Good luck my man.

http://www.dolfzine.com/page391.htm

I was planning on training right up until the day before the operation before I found out about the tear. I wonder if it would do more damage if I continued? My idea was to minimize time away from the gym. However, if I'm missing 2-6 months, I guess 3 more weeks won't make too much of a difference.

Fast Twitch Fiber said:
I was planning on training right up until the day before the operation before I found out about the tear. I wonder if it would do more damage if I continued? My idea was to minimize time away from the gym. However, if I'm missing 2-6 months, I guess 3 more weeks won't make too much of a difference.

I'd say stay out of the gym (which I think that little voice in your head is telling you). Believe me, I know how tough it is. But such is life. What does not kill you will only make you stronger.

im after reading his article i think i may have hurt mine...

when doing arm extensions the middle delt feels sore and the tri starts to hurt... and doing skullcrusher, my shoulder starts dying.. then when i put my arm in the air and push it back. front/mid delts start hurting.. although its weird cuz neither my neck or chest hurts.. any suggestions?

mayhems said:
im after reading his article i think i may have hurt mine...

when doing arm extensions the middle delt feels sore and the tri starts to hurt... and doing skullcrusher, my shoulder starts dying.. then when i put my arm in the air and push it back. front/mid delts start hurting.. although its weird cuz neither my neck or chest hurts.. any suggestions?

a) I don't do skull crushers (among other movements) cause of the shoulder

b) do you do any work for the rot cuff specifically? this is what I regret the most. a lot of guys/gals in the gym neglect this until it's too late. maybe just work the rotator cuff a little once or twice a week. 3-5 minutes per workout.

i dont but the thing is i just recently hurt it doing DB shoulder presses.. but for example what type of RC exercises should i do? or does that even seem like RC problems?

Top Bottom