x
Almost there! Please complete this form and click the button below to gain instant access.
EliteFitness.com FREE Email Series: How You Can Use Winstrol, Masteron, HGH, and Testosterone for a Perfect, Muscular Physique!
- -
We hate SPAM and promise to keep your email address safe.
- -

Off day ?s............

Welcome to the EliteFitness.com Bodybuilding Site! Please join this discussion about Off day ?s............ within the Weight Training & Weight Lifting category.

Excerpt: I've always been under the impression that you should reduce carbs and overall cals on your off days from the gym.......now, after reading into it, I'm not so sure......some are saying this is the time the body will recharge and spurt new growth, so wouldn't you want to keep the nutrients flowing? Theories? Also, any of you work in an office or work all day long (non-strenuous, i.e. non-construction, landscaping, etc.) and just go home on your off days? What do you guys do to keep the

Read more or register here to join the discussion below...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Pro Bodybuilder

Re: Off day ?s............

Quote Quote posted by JKurz1
    Hey, just got your message dude...I'm up North (AKRON), but thanks for the invite.........

so you don't change much up, eh boss? AND you still stay realitely lean...must not really matter..........

LEAN...laughing, i could only wish. My arms and legs are lean, but i have plenty of extra warmth on my torso. I carry all my extra weight in my torso. The biggest problem is that i have a very large bone structure, huge rib cage. So, if i lose to much, my ribs stick out and i look funny as hell. Plus, i hate doing any cardio. For instance, on sundays i only eat a couple of meals, mostly cause im sleeping on and off all day, whereas on workout days i can eat from 3-5 meals.

I just passed through akron on Saturday morning and evening. If i would have known, i would have stopped by for a quick workout. Sometime when i head to my parents house, northern indiana, i will stop by for a workout.

Freak

I just change my post-workout meal. My earlier meals have carbs to give me energy throughout the day. I wake at 8 AM, and the carbs are finished by 5 PM on training days. 2 PM on non-training days.

C, I have a huge ribcage too, but I've never tried to cut down. I'm guessing I'll be disappointed then?

That makes three of us with a big cage. I dont have a barrel chest but it seems when I lean outmy ribs poke out before my lower abs do. I asked a few vets about it and they said to train abs hard all yeart long to make them bigger so when you lean out they poke through the same time as your ribs do. I guess that makes sence concidering I never train abs I can see where they would be under developed. By the way they recomended to train abs 2 times a week off season 3 times come show time.

Pro Bodybuilder

I might consider training the abs twice a week since i dont touch them otherwise.

Bigdho...you wont like me...i have a huge barrel chest, hence my bench numbers are quite good.

Tom,
    I just need to cut the carbs out of my diet after a certain time. I bet if i did that i could lose 10lbs real quickly, although i dont think it would be necessary.

Quote Quote posted by BIGDHO
    Nope no carbs in the first few meals on the diet Im on, this diet I do cardio 7 days a week. This is the last week of that though. After this week Im going to start bulking agian.
    So, on just your cardio days, still no carbs?

Ya, when I dont lift my carbs are very low even when I do cardio. When I train my post workout meals are high in carbs but on non training days they are much lower .

Freak

My chest is fairly thick, but I still want it bigger. The ribcage thing pisses me off. I started incorporating vacuums last week, and my waist is noticably smaller. Maybe that will help to attain that V-taper I want so badly.

Quote Quote posted by Tom Treutlein
    My chest is fairly thick, but I still want it bigger. The ribcage thing pisses me off. I started incorporating vacuums last week, and my waist is noticably smaller. Maybe that will help to attain that V-taper I want so badly.
    Quit hyjacking my f-ing thread you 17 year old young'n..........

Kidding...........AND, your waist is NOT smaller from doing vacuums for a week........sorry, but it's in your head.........give it a few months, and you may notice some results........

BIGHO - foods before cardio in pm? ANything?

I do cardio in the AM on nothin but an eca stack

Freak

Well, the measurements actually say it is. And I'm bulking now. It's been a week and a half, I lied. Still, it seems to be working.