Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Obsessedwliftin's path to the NPC.

Headshaking...

You crazy m-f. I love it :D

Be safe... Prepping in this way is not without its risks but you get to decide how you spend this spin on the sphere. Just make it worth it. Give your body enough building blocks to do what you want it to. I know you keep a close eye on your health.

Can't wait for the avi pic of you clutching that trophy ;)

Headshaking...

You crazy m-f. I love it :D

Be safe... Prepping in this way is not without its risks but you get to decide how you spend this spin on the sphere. Just make it worth it. Give your body enough building blocks to do what you want it to. I know you keep a close eye on your health.

Can't wait for the avi pic of you clutching that trophy ;)

Thanks for the vote of confidence maam. This is not the first time someone has called me crazy. Lol. And you are right about the one time on this sphere so I am giving it everything I've got. In all aspects of my life currently.:D

Thanks for the vote of confidence maam. This is not the first time somone has called me crazy. Lol. And you are right about the one time on this sphere so I am giving it everything I've got. In all aspects of my life currently.:D

There's a saying about a shield... Have you heard it?

Plutarch reports that Spartan mothers sent their sons to battle telling them

"with your shield or on it".

The Spartans were pretty bad ass like that. Spartan mothers weren't exactly the most nurturing. My own grandmother and father were quite fond of this saying and it may be the reason I used to get sent home from first grade for beating up a third grade boy on the bus... Ok, don't read too far into my childhood bullying. I'm not advocating the harm of others and believe in being a gentle giant, but believe the achievement of lofty goals cannot occur without some personal sacrifice. In my case, it's a labor of love.

It is also constant work, requiring consistent honest introspection to make sure that a personal line isn't being crossed. I think we each have to know where that personal line is, and it will differ for each of us based on our goals, and the relative risks of achieving those goals.

In Stero's thread I compared bodybuilding to surfing. I think the analogy holds some water (yes, the pun makes my hair stand on end as well). We all take risks with our health, but they have to be calculated. I gave Stero shit (gently) for continuing to juice despite very good evidence that this was not in the interest of his health, akin to a wounded surfer with a damaged board going right back out in a hurricane.

I don't know you all that well, OWL, but you strike me as an experienced lifter who is aware of the risks but is approaching his goals with as many precautions in place as possible. It might be good for other (younger/less experienced) bros to hear about some of the precautions that you take as you chase the storms ;)

xo

You know I think you may be right. I didn't just wake up one day and decide oh look at me I am going to run 2g's a week in gear. I have been training all my life in one way or another. I have trained both in sports as well as martial arts for the majority of my life and have been a conditioned athlete for that time as well. I seriously started weght training about 4yrs ago. I suffered an injury and had to lay out for a year. I came back with a vengance after my umbilical hernia surgery and made a decision to go for the biggest challenge of my life which is to get on stage at the NPC Masters and take a top spot. After surgery I trained natty for a year. Dropping BF and regaining lost muscle. I ran a few cycles and got myself back decent after that time. I decided on my 39 birthday that I was going to make this way of life mine. I incorporated a team of people who either have been or are at the top of this game. One of my best friends is a urologist. He monitors my blood work sometimes weekly and sometimes monthly depending on how much gear I am running. I monitor my bp several times a day. Thanks to this site and alot of people here Ie: Radar, Nathan, and others I am very well versed on what AI's I need to run, based on what compounds I am currently running. I have a personal trainer who is a former IFBB pro that designs my training regiment and monitors it weekly for signs of overtraining. He also monitors my gains and tweaks from there as well. I have a sports nutritionist and one other MD who designs and tweaks my diet as needed. The truth is if you want to be competitive at this game you have to take calculated risks. You do have to decide for yourself if said risks are worth the reward. I decided that they were. Whether people think so or not, or think that I am trying to sound like a bad ass or not, not everyone can train like I am. Not everyone can run the gear that I do. However with a pro trainer, 2 MD's, well 3 if you count my mom, who knows what I am doing, and a licensed sports nutritionist I have taken every pre-caution to do this as safely as possible. AAS and competitive body building is a VERY personal choice and I recommned to any one reading this log to make damn sure you know what you are giving up to do so. I have to stay on right now. Would I rather PCT off? Yes. Will I pre-comp? Hell no. That in itself is dangerous. My HPTA levels will be shut down and I may have to start TRT as a result. This is one of those calculated risks that I spoke about. I am also 39 not 21. TRT would be inevitable for me to continue this sport anyway. I say all this to say. I have done my research. I know the dangers and I know the rewards. My personal decision is that the rewards out weigh the risks.
PS: Stick around. I am worth getting to know.

Todays workout-Legs and Calves
Warm up on bike for 10 min.
Squats-
1x20-135
1x20-135
1x20-185
1x20-185
1x12-225
1x12-275

Leg Press 3 sets feet wide and 3 sets feet close-
1x15-360 + sled wide
1x15-360 + sled close
1x15-450 + sled wide
1x15-450 + sled close
1x15-720 + sled wide
1x15-720 + sled close
Squats feet close and out front on smiths-
1x20-135
1x20-135
1x12-185
1x12-205
1x12-225
1x12-205
Leg Extensions-
1x30-50
1x30-60
1x15-70
1x15-80
1x15-90
1x15-100
I know Zed!!!!! Lol
Lying leg curls-
1x20-50
1x20-60
1x20-70
1x20-80
1x12-100
1x12-110
Standing Calve Raises on Smiths with 1" block-
4x20-315
Good work out this am. Really wasn't as focused as I wanted to be. Still about to puke when I left so all in all it was good.
Test E-250
Eq-300

Thats my Boy! You're the type guy i would Love to have as a training partner, I love lots of volume unfortunately no one in my gym can hang with me doing this!

Keep up up.I remember when Big Lou was training for the big "O" he heard one of his competitors was doing like 30 reps per scession,so he went back and started doing 40.

You know I think you may be right. I didn't just wake up one day and decide oh look at me I am going to run 2g's a week in gear. I have been training all my life in one way or another. I have trained both in sports as well as martial arts for the majority of my life and have been a conditioned athlete for that time as well. I seriously started weght training about 4yrs ago. I suffered an injury and had to lay out for a year. I came back with a vengance after my umbilical hernia surgery and made a decision to go for the biggest challenge of my life which is to get on stage at the NPC Masters and take a top spot. After surgery I trained natty for a year. Dropping BF and regaining lost muscle. I ran a few cycles and got myself back decent after that time. I decided on my 39 birthday that I was going to make this way of life mine. I incorporated a team of people who either have been or are at the top of this game. One of my best friends is a urologist. He monitors my blood work sometimes weekly and sometimes monthly depending on how much gear I am running. I monitor my bp several times a day. Thanks to this site and alot of people here Ie: Radar, Nathan, and others I am very well versed on what AI's I need to run, based on what compounds I am currently running. I have a personal trainer who is a former IFBB pro that designs my training regiment and monitors it weekly for signs of overtraining. He also monitors my gains and tweaks from there as well. I have a sports nutritionist and one other MD who designs and tweaks my diet as needed. The truth is if you want to be competitive at this game you have to take calculated risks. You do have to decide for yourself if said risks are worth the reward. I decided that they were. Whether people think so or not, or think that I am trying to sound like a bad ass or not, not everyone can train like I am. Not everyone can run the gear that I do. However with a pro trainer, 2 MD's, well 3 if you count my mom, who knows what I am doing, and a licensed sports nutritionist I have taken every pre-caution to do this as safely as possible. AAS and competitive body building is a VERY personal choice and I recommned to any one reading this log to make damn sure you know what you are giving up to do so. I have to stay on right now. Would I rather PCT off? Yes. Will I pre-comp? Hell no. That in itself is dangerous. My HPTA levels will be shut down and I may have to start TRT as a result. This is one of those calculated risks that I spoke about. I am also 39 not 21. TRT would be inevitable for me to continue this sport anyway. I say all this to say. I have done my research. I know the dangers and I know the rewards. My personal decision is that the rewards out weigh the risks.
PS: Stick around. I am worth getting to know.

This is exactly what I'm talking about. I think quick posts can give the illusion that all you do is pump some juice and lift... But maintaining that is a full time job.

Top Bottom