Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Number of Sets per Muscle Group

Boulder257

How many sets per muscle group do you do? I am curious what others are doing and how drastic the range is between people. Try to keep it honest to bros.

I usually do 3-4 sets on everything, bench is quite a bit more, but that is because it takes me forever to warm up.

I believe Arnold did 4 religiously.

Chest - 11
Back - 12
Legs - 16
Delts - 7
Bis - 9
Tris - 12

Those are the work sets (which are within 1-2 reps of failure, or to failure.. depends). I do quite a few warm-up sets in addition to that, especially for legs and back.

Each part currently gets hit once a week. However I am VERY tempted to up it to hitting each part 2 or 3 times a week with less volume each time. Or keep the volume the same and decrease rest periods.

depends on what ur going for, i have tried it all, 8-10, 10-12, 12-15, Low volume high intensity for last 4months, and i can tell you, ive never gained size/strength more than being on 4-6reps 3 sets per exercise 4 per bodypart

Always a minimum of 12 sets for small muscle groups and 15 for back and legs. 3-6 sets for auxillary muscles. Thats just a minimum though, I often go much higher.

Top Bottom