Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

not strictly needsize 5x5, but using 5x5 principals?

Yarg!

Platinum Membership gift from THE BOMB SQUAD!
to work slow and fast twitch fibers. this is what i did for my back a cpl days ago

4x6 pullups (so weak)
3x8 bb rows (light 8-10 rep weight)
2x10 cable rows (light, 10-12 rep weight)
2x10 hyperextensions (REALLY light-10-20rep weight)
deadlfts 5x5 (heavy, 6 and no more rep weight)

what do you guys think?

Move deadlifts above all else. Other than, I think it looks like a solid workout. But, why the light weight? Were those sets easy?

yeah move the deads up before everything else you will perform better deads this way. i am wondering too why light weight other than the pullups i don't see why you can't do every 5x5 or 2x5 here's what i'd do
deads 5x5
barbell row 5x5
lat pulldown 2x10
pullups 2x10 or 3x10
this way you are getting 15 sets and just a few exercises, your main one with 5 sets and the smaller ones with 2-3sets
oh yeah don't do this more than once a week.
good luck

oh the reason i did dls last was cuz muscle mag recommended if u do dls last it increases lat thickness more than doing them first or in the middle of a work out. my lats felt really sore the next day too.

Yarg! said:
oh the reason i did dls last was cuz muscle mag recommended if u do dls last it increases lat thickness more than doing them first or in the middle of a work out. my lats felt really sore the next day too.

Screw Muscle Mag. Seriously. I will give you an honest recommendation for a back workout:

Deads
Barbell rows
Pull ups

IMHO, all you need to build a solid back.

From Zero said:

Screw Muscle Mag. Seriously. I will give you an honest recommendation for a back workout:

Deads
Barbell rows
Pull ups

agreed on both points

From Zero said:

Deads
Barbell rows
Pull ups

Agreed this is really all you need. I like to mix bb rows with t-bar rows, as with t-bar you can really focus on going heavy to build that thickness.

lol so much hatred for muscle mag. thanks for your comments guys.

Top Bottom