Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Not so deep Squat

i agree. can't talk bad about the weight, but knee wraps for that range of motion?

bb'ers are funny...

I like the vid of ronnie coleman front squatting though!

That's ridiculous, especially when you compare it to that oly-lift video floating around of the guy who's probably 210 doing over 600 ass-to-grass like it's nothing. And this BB'r is freaking HUGE but needs wraps to do not-quite-parallel squats. Geesh. I don't mean to bash anyone, but he just looks like a useless pile of muscle.

And yet that is what a good 70% of this board wants to look like. Size over function.

BTW - that is Marcus Ruhl.

Watching a DVD of the 2003 Mr O. I noticed alot of the bodybuilders in the weeks preceding the contest used a not-quite-full ROM on some of the stuff they did, esp. the compound movements. I don't know, but my guess is that pre-contest they're looking to get a good pump but not stress the muscle for presentation reasons. And especially not to injure themselves close to payday. This might be what Marcus is doing.

swaptrex said:
bad motion or not, this guy knows what he is doing.
See that's the irony of it - he probably doesn't. Hard work coupled with amazing genetics and drugs can do a lot with shitty training. Hell if some of the stories I've heard are true, some of the top pros (Flex Wheeler comes to mind) really don't even train very hard or with much in the way of a work ethic.

Again, not all, but some.

swaptrex said:
bad motion or not, this guy knows what he is doing.

that guy is what, 260 pounds plus? by my count, that is 200 kilos, 440lbs. a man half his size and weight can backsquat that full range for doubles with relative ease. there are a couple of canadian 85kg weightlifters that hit that consistently with full range front squats. this is all of course, unequipped (no belt, no wraps, no one of wearing of one's sister's pants)

is that marcus ruhl? i seem to recall him having that dvd preview where he "leg presses" like a thousand pounds on the almost-parallel-to-floor setup.

what a joke.

Top Bottom