Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Not as much motivation during lower body workouts...

JDid23

For those of you on here who know me, you know my lower body is stronger than my upper body by a pretty solid amount... Having said that, being in college now and seeing the bodies of some guys is making me more motivated to train upper body, and as a result almost less inclined to train my lower body. I am currently doing an upper/lower split 4 days per week, but am wondering if i can get away training upper body a bit more than lower body since i not only want to train it more for aesthetic purposes, but also bring it up strength wise proportionally to my lower body.

Any ideas on a specific routine or anything relating to the above would be great.

Thanks!

For those of you on here who know me, you know my lower body is stronger than my upper body by a pretty solid amount... Having said that, being in college now and seeing the bodies of some guys is making me more motivated to train upper body, and as a result almost less inclined to train my lower body. I am currently doing an upper/lower split 4 days per week, but am wondering if i can get away training upper body a bit more than lower body since i not only want to train it more for aesthetic purposes, but also bring it up strength wise proportionally to my lower body.

Any ideas on a specific routine or anything relating to the above would be great.

Thanks!

Step 1: Clean the sand out of your vag
Step 2: repeat step 1 as necessary

haha!

No but seriously I think it is fine if you place more emphasis on upper body, I mean I hate to say it but your bench is pretty weak proportionally. I dont have ideas for a specific routine but a little emphasis on upper would be fine just keep working your lower body still a decent amount.

What are you majoring in btw?

what about if you reduced to training 3x per week and alternated between upper and lower. That way you would have every other week working upper body twice and the weeks inbetween lower body.

I would put deadlifts with lower body.

You could increase the length or volume of your sessions slightly since you decreased from 4x to 3x per week.

I would do either do one push and one pull for upper body days, or both mixed and split bench and military apart.

Depends if you want to take the size through strength route or not because I am guessing what you really want is upper body size rather than strength...

You could also just do a upper/lower/upper every week split. Ie. M-Upper W-Lower F-Upper. The Uppers are far enough apart that you can do whatever, even the same workout twice. One Lower will be enough to maintain at least, or possibly gain.

I alternate days, upper one day, lower the next. If I take a day off I usually hit upper next regardless if I had done upper prior.

EM- i was actually contemplating doing something like that.... but doing it 5 days a week since i don't think i can adequately hit my lower body 1 time per week (i also include deads with lower body and deads/squats on the same day would be hard).... i was thinking about doing something kind of like fiend said:
M/W/F- upper body..... switch between A/B so it will go A/B/A and B/A/B. then Tues/Thurs would be lower body, and saturday/sunday would be my rest days. What you think about that

Also, kind of not related, but do you think if i go 3x3 bench (starting light now since i haven't benched heavy in about a month and a half) and do my other chest work in the 8-12 range that i can add some strength and size when you take into consideration both my strength/experience level?

i personaly dont see why ur fussed man

who cars if your lower bodys ahead of ur upper body

ur gains on ur lower body will eventually slow and then ull be complaining about that

trust me being natural ur legs will never be to big lol, if what your doing is working now then leave it, if not just change up your upper body routine

dont be in a rush, if something already working for ya then leave it

this. I didnt suggest doing two uppers a week I meant this

week 1:
mon upper
wed lower
fri upper

week 2:
mon lower
wed upper
fri lower

why do you want to workout 5 days a week?

of course you can hit your lower body in one workout :confused:

squats
calves
deads
walking lunges

but even so i said put squats and deads on seperate lower days so you would have two differant lower workouts and you would hit lower once every 5 days.

i figure it's not worth making a new thread, so i'll post this here.

yesterday we were playing pickup football, and i came down really hard on my ankle.... i've sprained it before during soccer and i'm pretty sure this is the same. Hopefully it won't keep me out for more than 2-3 weeks (if that), but for now what should i do for lower body? Stick to some machines and see how they feel?

Nobody is as motivated to workout something thats going to hurt the whole week, prevent walking, and make you feel like youre going to puke lol

Top Bottom