Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Is this normal......

buddy28

When doing 30 degree dumbell inclines, I feel a deep burn in my pecs only when I bring my arms together at the top part of the movement.

Should my pecs burn all throughout the movement or is it normal to feel the burn at the top part of the contraction?

Thanks

Good question. The top part of the movement where you have brought the db's together is where the muscles have fully contracted. Thats where the burn is.

Also in response to your other thread about chest training, incorporate a squeeze and physically contract the muscle in the top part of the movement (aided by pronating the wrists so the palms are facing.) This will help with muscle firing etc and improve the CNS-muscle coordination.

Dont worry so much about feeling a burn. It doesnt have much if anything to do with growth stimulation. Just train hard and be progressive. Good luck.

Originally posted by HeavyDutyGuy:
Dont worry so much about feeling a burn. It doesnt have much if anything to do with growth stimulation. Just train hard and be progressive. Good luck.

True. But I think a burn is important to achieve depending upon your goals. When I was in college, I trained for an entire semester with perfect form on every exercise, trying to achieve outrageous burns and pumps with each set. (Similar to precontest training.) After several months I noticed I wasn't much bigger but I looked much harder and refined without much change in bodyfat.

It depends on what you are wanting to achieve.

------------------
Backstage, '75 Olympia:

Serge Nubret, "I look like I can take you."

Arnold, "Keep looking."

Thanks for your help guys. I appreciate it.

Im training more for mass so Im assuming I should achieve a decent burn with heavy weights on dumbell incline for 6-7 reps.

I switched my form to shoulders pinched back throughout dumbell incline movments and really felt the strong contraction and burn at the top of the excercise! Thanks

Top Bottom