Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

No water while training=more loss of fat (not weight)?

Assuming you are serious, NOOOOOOOOO, drink water, gatorade, whatever while you are training. You may weigh less after you train, if you have no water, but it is water weight that you "lost" NOT FAT!! Not to mention that you will be dehydrated and that is NOT HEALTHY.

ND

I know a guy at the gym who doesn't like to drink water while doing cardio.

He'll drink alot before hand because he doesn't want to die heh.

ITs actually not too bad of an idea. He actually does it for motivation. Since he looks alot more cut after the cardio (he isn't nearly cut to begin with though). ITs just motivation for him I guess and he likes seeing the scale drop like mad after. I guess it makes him feel as if his cardio actually accomplishes something.

...I wondered about this as well but more from a GH perspective.

Poliquin states that more GH is released if no water or carbs are taken....

GH and insuline are supposed to be opposing forces in some respects and that's why they recommend to drink lots of water with your celltech creatine.....

But offcoarse we have to find a fine balance between getting more GH and dehydration. I don't know where this fine line is....

I think that the tiny amount of extra GH relase that MAY come from dehydrating will give you far less gains then the amount you could get from hydrating yourself.

I read somewhere that you should weigh the same before and after your workout...or darn near close. If not...drink more water.

B True

At least for the weighttraining, you want to maintain insuline levels and spike after the workout. since GH seems more important for fat-burning abstence of water MAY(?) hold
some small advantage for aerobics......(?)

Let's take the pre-breakfast aerobics as examples:

60 minutes on a bike.

I started to do that often and it does help, but I was advised to drink 500 ml water BEFORE the cardio in order to keep cells hydrated so that protein breakdown was minimized.

Than i read Something from Charles Poliquin that abstence of water is a factor to increase GH and that GH is related to fatburning (which is obviously the goal of doing pre-breakfast cardio)

So I am still not sure if I get the most out of my cardio?

Actually I read that water increases fat metabolism. Another thing is that water has zero calories, and because of that the process of fat burning WILL NOT slow down. It could slow down if you drank Gatorade though, because it has sugar in it, and that will cause your body to burn sugar from Gatorade, instead of your fat reserves.
Moreover, dehydration is very dangerous, so try to avoid it.
And B Fold said it right above: your weight should stay about the same before and after workout.

Top Bottom