Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

NO warm-up for Bench Presses!

froz3nfir3 said:
well when i was lifting using the hst routine i was doing 90 x 15, 110 x 10 and 130 x 5 for incline benchpress.

I am assuming you are a beginner or very very skinny...if you start with 90lbs you should be okay. It is when you get to much heavier weights where the warmup is very important. For instance, it takes me 4-5 sets to actually warmup. I can rep 405, yet i always start warming up with 135 for 15-20 reps, then 225 for 10, 275 for 6-10, etc. i dont start counting my reps or weight until i get to 315. I think if you hit the bar for a few reps then go to 95lbs you will be just fine.

froz3nfir3 said:
well when i was lifting using the hst routine i was doing 90 x 15, 110 x 10 and 130 x 5 for incline benchpress.

Well as stated earlier warmup whould be no more than 60% of your heaviest set. 130*.60 = 78. Warm up with 70 or 75 for no more than 12. Then rock the heavier sets.

cwick0 said:
I am assuming you are a beginner or very very skinny...

Ya think? I like the way you first insult him and then brag about your own poundages used. Nice.

9359142_F_tn.jpg

cwick0 said:
I am assuming you are a beginner or very very skinny...if you start with 90lbs you should be okay. It is when you get to much heavier weights where the warmup is very important. For instance, it takes me 4-5 sets to actually warmup. I can rep 405, yet i always start warming up with 135 for 15-20 reps, then 225 for 10, 275 for 6-10, etc. i dont start counting my reps or weight until i get to 315. I think if you hit the bar for a few reps then go to 95lbs you will be just fine.

Thats not necessary brother!! We all have to start somewhere. Lets try to keep this forum about information and not personal attacks. It can really ruin a good forum. TRAIN OR FUCKIN DIE!!!!!!!!!

BodybuildingUniverse said:
Ya think? I like the way you first insult him and then brag about your own poundages used. Nice.

9359142_F_tn.jpg

I encourage anyone who is attending the gym. I didnt think i insulted the gentleman in any fashion. I noticed his weights were rather light, to me, so i assumed he was a beginner. The only reason i put an example of one of my routines was purely for an example and to explain the importance of a warmup.

Top Bottom