Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

No cheat meal vs. cheat meal + cardio to make up for it

C

Cuts

O.k., so today I was CRAVING General Tso's chicken right... the only problem is, I'm dieting now. So, I got to rationalizing, and I figured that it was time for me to eat dinner anyway (usually around 400cals for me), so, I'd go ahead and eat the General Tso's (probably around 800cals), and a few hours later, I'd do 20 minutes of cardio to make up for those extra 400cals (which I DID in fact do later). Hope that makes sense. What do y'all think of this logic? Is this O.K. to do while dieting, is it bad, or, can it actually be GOOD? Appreciate your thoughts.

For me, it is better to do a "cheat" day, then wait to the next day to start dieting again. The next day, your metabolism should be upregulated and you can run a bigger caloric deficit. Doing cardio right after eating probably defeats the purpose of a "cheat" meal. If you didn't plan on having a cheat, then I can see the logic in immediately doing cardio, however. Kind of like dessert, eh?

Oh I do have a cheat day, or at least two cheat meals during the week. What I'm wondering is if I want additional cheat meals, is doing what I did o.k.?

Wanna hear something funny? Well, I'll tell you anyway :D.

This wknd I was pissed b/c my weight has been stuck at 190-191.5 since Feb, while on a BFL diet .

So Friday, I had off, and said screw the diet and bought a loaf of French Bread and had that between Fri/Sat.... The rest of those two days I kept to my regular foods (6x/day)...

Sunday? Well, that's my cheat day, and said screw it again and had a Wendy's double and a pastrami sandwish at night w/Edy's ice cream and 6 Oreo cookies.

Monday am, I weigh myself and went down to 188.5!! WTF!?! I pigged out for 2 days and went down instead of up. Tues and today, I was still at 188.5, so I am confident my cheat days aren't going to make me gain weight over the 190-191 I was at.

Bottom line? Don't worry about :D

This is a very good question. Eat more + more cardio VS eat less + less cardio. Which is better for fat loss? I'm not sure but here are my views ...

I think that eating more + more cardio will do one better long term because your metabolism will be faster. Low calorie diets are better short term but if you stay on to long your theroid out put slows down. This will put fat lost to a holt. So for me the best thing to do is eat 5/6 times a day, and do any where from 25-50 minutes of cardio a day. In the peek point of the summer I'll drop the calories down, but if I do that for to long I start to look flat and sometimes loss muscle.

Buld0g said:
I think that eating more + more cardio will do one better long term because your metabolism will be faster.
Assuming his diet and workout plan is already optimal, a cheat meal + extra cardio can only be harmful. If his calories are indeed too low, then I agree with you.

Assuming his diet and workout plan is already optimal, a cheat meal + extra cardio can only be harmful. If his calories are indeed too low, then I agree with you.

Good point. If he's doing all he can and eating high calories and is still plateauing, then a cheat day may hinder fat loss.

My Opinion

Getting to a desired Weight/Body fat is the hardest part, Once you are their it is easier to maintain, and allows more cheating. Why not just stay clean for 4-12 weeks, then start the cheat meals. IF you feel the need to cheat you are not eating frequently enough, or u are having will power issues, BE strong, Be hardcore the results will come.

Re: My Opinion

vitor97 said:
Getting to a desired Weight/Body fat is the hardest part, Once you are their it is easier to maintain, and allows more cheating. Why not just stay clean for 4-12 weeks, then start the cheat meals. IF you feel the need to cheat you are not eating frequently enough, or u are having will power issues, BE strong, Be hardcore the results will come.

I think that's an EXCELLENT point bro. I've noticed that even when I fuck around a lot with my diet (e.g. lottsa cheat meals, weekend drinking, etc.), as long as I keep lifting and doing AM cardio consistantly, I pretty much stay the same weight... i.e. I don't get any fatter. So I think you're right... MAINTAINING one's weight isn't too tough at all but LOSING the fat initially is a BITCH. You're right with the second part too... it all comes down to WILLPOWER... I mean, that IS what separates guys like us on this board and your average joe on the street. Thanks for the advise.

By the way, I checked out your pics and you're looking damn good bro. I WILL have that kind of physique within the year. Keep up the good work.

geez i wish that was how it was for me, i feel like it is easy to lose the fat when cutting but when going back on more carbs/cals with maintaining i gain some wieght back and go up some a few bf%, i just got done cutting and in 2 weeks on maintenance since then with actually no cheat meals yet i have went up 7 lbs. alot of that is prolly water ofcoures, but i cant tell if the rest is a little bit of fat or just success from the new use of ALA i am doing. though it seems as if ive gaine around 2% bf back, i hate it ahhhh!! haha.

Top Bottom