Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Nick's Log To Becoming a Powerlifter

Nick779

About me:

21 years old, super nerdy in High School, was addicted to Everquest II for years, now looking to start a proper lifting program on my journey to my first powerlifting contest and further!

I have 1 year training experience but I didn't know what I was doing at all. I only did high rep curls, DB bench, skullcrushers, leg extensions, and situps, trained inconsistently, and had a poor diet. During that year, I somehow managed to put on 10 lbs probably of which 7 lbs or so was muscle.

Current stats - 5 ft8 160 lbs.

I did my first workout on Starting Strength yesterday and I will be running SS until I stall completely and will either move on to Texas Method or Bill Starr 5x5 Intermediate upon further evaluation.

My first workout was yesterday (8/6/13)

Squat 115x5 115x5 115x5
Bench 105x5 105x5 105x5
Deadlift 135x5

My first time doing squats and deadlifts and I felt great doing them!

eh you are still young..

wish you would have gotten more involved in your weightlifting team in high school but thats gone now.. do you have something like that in college?

i would jump on board.

right now with only 1 year of shitty training you need to focus on putting in the hours in the gym and consistency.. i don't care how good your 'program' is.. if you aren't consistent you won't get very far.

and its hard to be consistent at your age with all the shit going on so you need to dedicate an hour a day to this

eh you are still young..

wish you would have gotten more involved in your weightlifting team in high school but thats gone now.. do you have something like that in college?

i would jump on board.

right now with only 1 year of shitty training you need to focus on putting in the hours in the gym and consistency.. i don't care how good your 'program' is.. if you aren't consistent you won't get very far.

and its hard to be consistent at your age with all the shit going on so you need to dedicate an hour a day to this

No weight lifting team at school, but I have plenty of time off between classes this next semester so I will have plenty of time to eat and lift. I plan on putting on at least 10-15 lbs these next 3 months. As they say, "The winter is coming" lol.

Workout B (8/8/13)

Squat 120x5 120x5 120x5
Press 85x5 85x5 85x5
BB Row 95x5 95x5 95x5

I am doing BB Rows instead of cleans and performing the rows at a 90 degree angle with the bar resting on the floor after each rep for maximum power and explosiveness in the lats. I have very strong shoulders and the 85x5 press was pretty easy. I'd say my shoulders and triceps are my best body parts. Sadly my chest is pretty weak, especially at the bottom of the bench press.

Top Bottom