Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Next best thing to deadlifts?

Massive85

Hey guys got a hernia in my groin doing deadlifts last year which led me to surgery and 9 weeks out of the gym.
Been back 4 months now n my deadlifts were going strong until i felt a slight pull where i had my op,so looks like my deadlifts are now retired for at least a year or so.
Anything closely affective i can do too work my lower back? goodmornings hurt it too and my gym dont have a seated back machine.
Thanks.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using EliteFitness

Hey guys got a hernia in my groin doing deadlifts last year which led me to surgery and 9 weeks out of the gym.
Been back 4 months now n my deadlifts were going strong until i felt a slight pull where i had my op,so looks like my deadlifts are now retired for at least a year or so.
Anything closely affective i can do too work my lower back? goodmornings hurt it too and my gym dont have a seated back machine.
Thanks.

I guess you should take up yoga, it not only strengthen every part of your body but also makes the body flexible and brings about a beautiful union of mind and body. I would highly recommend Suryanamaskara.

I guess you should take up yoga, it not only strengthen every part of your body but also makes the body flexible and brings about a beautiful union of mind and body. I would highly recommend Suryanamaskara.

Hey thanks for reply. I have been thinking about doing yoga for a while now to be honest but how would this help my weak groin?
and whats suryanamaskara? Lol

I've recently switched from deads to rack pulls....thought it was a real pussy move at first.....but feel a lot better concentration in my back. May still have to be very careful regarding your injury, I don't know the details of it

I've recently switched from deads to rack pulls....thought it was a real pussy move at first.....but feel a lot better concentration in my back. May still have to be very careful regarding your injury, I don't know the details of it

Sorry i didnt see your post. Its just when i lift the bar on deadlifts i can feel it pull my groin as i'am guessing its still abit weak wher i had my operation. What are rack pulls?

rack pulls are deadlifts on safety racks. youtube it and youll see how its done.

there are no exercises that can match the deadlift; the next best pulling motions are the barbell rows, db rows, and chin ups. i dont know how youll train your lower back without working the groin muscles. maybe you should just go super light on the deadlifts for a rehabilitation effect? have you tried sumo?

rack pulls are deadlifts on safety racks. youtube it and youll see how its done.

there are no exercises that can match the deadlift; the next best pulling motions are the barbell rows, db rows, and chin ups. i dont know how youll train your lower back without working the groin muscles. maybe you should just go super light on the deadlifts for a rehabilitation effect? have you tried sumo?

No never tried sumo. Its not big here in england lol.
How about puttin bar on my shoulders n leaning forword and then straight again. Are they called good mornings??

Yep that's a good morning. Make sure you use good form on those. How to Do the Good Morning Exercise - YouTube
These will work as well. How to Do Superman Exercises - YouTube You can also do reverse sit ups if you have the equipment or you can do them off a bench.

I would be more focused on building up my groin muscles if I was you, that where the problem is so it seems to be the place to start. Off the top of my head I'm not sure how I would train my groin. LOL. I hate to say this but you might want to ask this on the women's board because I'm think the ladies who have had babies might know what to do???

You might want to go through here and figure out where exactly the hernia was. Waist Exercise Menu

You got me thinking now as far the back I would do chins, barbell rows and good mornings. That will cover your whole back and I don't think it would cause you any problems.

Might want to try hanging leg raises to work on the weaken area.

Top Bottom