x
Almost there! Please complete this form and click the button below to gain instant access.
EliteFitness.com FREE Email Series: How You Can Use Winstrol, Masteron, HGH, and Testosterone for a Perfect, Muscular Physique!
- -
We hate SPAM and promise to keep your email address safe.
- -

newbie trying to gain mass: how long before I should raise weight on sets?

Welcome to the EliteFitness.com Bodybuilding Site! Please join this discussion about newbie trying to gain mass: how long before I should raise weight on sets? within the Weight Training & Weight Lifting category.

Excerpt: I have prepped myself with learning weight form and been on a diet til now. I just eased up my calories to an extra 500 a day but still am at a deficit. I want to track things and will order some protien shakes in a few weeks to add more calories. what I don't know is if I keep the reps low since I want to build mass how long should it take before I need to raise the weight on average? I just want to make sure I have something to shoot for. I guess I can figure out that if a certain

Read more or register here to join the discussion below...

All Natural

Question newbie trying to gain mass: how long before I should raise weight on sets?

I have prepped myself with learning weight form and been on a diet til now. I just eased up my calories to an extra 500 a day but still am at a deficit. I want to track things and will order some protien shakes in a few weeks to add more calories.

what I don't know is if I keep the reps low since I want to build mass how long should it take before I need to raise the weight on average? I just want to make sure I have something to shoot for. I guess I can figure out that if a certain weight is easier to press for a couple more reps I might want to raise the weight a little but don't have a clue as to how often this may happen.

The big reason I ask though is cause during my dieting of over a year I didn't get much stronger at all although actually gained some size like in my bicep so I think I either toned up or gained a little muscle still.

Oh and is this pathetic? Im 5'11'' and got down to 167 pounds and can only bench 110 lbs plus the bar for 6-8 reps.

Good Broly
    for the mass building exercicses try to add 5-10 pds of wgt every other week at a minimun so next week try 115 on your bench for 6-8

Im gonna go against train hard and say.

Try and make the gain more incremental.

There are gonna be weeks where you cant put that 10 pounds on the bar. so put 5 on. or even 1. I purchased some 1/4 pound weights a few weeks ago. They helped me bust through a stiking point, by eliminating a huge jump in weight......and my body thanked me for it.

aboooooooooooot.............eh! EH! abooooooooot!!
    if ur a body builder, dont worry too much about what ur benching, just if ur growing off it (yes i bench a pathetic amount )

i generally lift the weight i can within the 5-8 rep range, and as soon as i leve that range i increase by whtever i know my body will be able to do for 5-8 reps. because i DB press most things i cant ad stuff on, but i do do tha with squats, and my lifts increase every week