Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Newbie question: Quickest way to get strong?

Natedawg73

Hey all,

I am somewhat of a newbie here, I just found this forum and thought I would ask some questions of the pros. But first, a little about me...

I am 19 and I'm a sophmore at the University of Georgia, and have been working out since my junior year of high school. I am a pretty small person and weigh only 160 lbs, but my max on bench is probably around 250lbs or so (haven't maxed out in a month or two).

Anyway, I am looking to build mass of course, and more importantly, get stronger. Lately I've been doing a 6-5-5-4 workout on bench, starting with 195 and moving up 10 lbs each set to 225. I've been told that this is a good and quick way to gain mass as well as strength and it works pretty well for me - but is there anything better I should be doing?

I've been doing the same workout on behind the neck (6-5-5-4) in order to get my shoulders strong, (people look twice when they see a little guy like me doing 175 on behind the neck :D) so are there any other useful workouts that I should be doing as well?

Thank you all for your time :)

-Nate

try pushups every day man start about 300 a day then work up i currently do 800 aday
peace

20m6ft6natural said:
try pushups every day man start about 300 a day then work up i currently do 800 aday
peace

don't tell people to do push up all day long. it's a waste of time.

don't listen to this dumb fuck, he's a retard. The 3-6 rep range with maxing out every once in a while is a good way to get strong.

Damn, 6ft6natural is like a goddamn hemorrhoid. Natedawg probably has enough brains to know that 6ft6 is a twit.

Natedawg, its good to see that your doing heavy shoulder stuff. Toss in some Deadlifts and squats and you're good to go bro. Deadlifts have been my favorite torture lift for a couple years now.:D

But, if you want to shrink, and become a little turd, listen to 6ft6natural. Otherwise, happy growing bro:fro:

I've always found that heavy sets of 5 reps helps me gain a lot of mass and strength at the same time.

Thanks for the replies guys.

I actually tried doin 50 pushups every night, but it didn't seem to really help me that much. I think it's probably all in that other guy's head (incidentally, I did happen to see his other posts before I registered, heh)

I am admittedly pretty lazy on the legs. My roommate makes fun of me that I have a big upper body but scrawny legs. :) I suppose I should start doing some squats and other leg work..

-Nate

Top Bottom