Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

New starter needs help on Bulking routine

juve_kid

What do you guys think of the following routine for bulking up.
I am new to Body building. This routine was given to me by a guy at my gym

Day 1: Chest, Shoulders & Biceps
Flat or Decline Press 3 sets 6 - 8 reps
Incline Press 2 sets 6 - 8 reps
Military Press 3 sets 6 - 8 reps
Upright Rows 2 sets 8 - 10 reps
Barbell Curls 3 sets 6 - 10 reps
Preacher Curls 2 sets 6 - 10 reps

Day 2: Rest

Day 3: Legs
Squats 5 sets 6 - 10 reps
Leg Press 3 sets 8 - 10 reps
Leg Curls 3 sets 8 - 10 reps

Day 4: Rest

Day 5: Back & Triceps
Cable Pull Downs 3 sets 6 - 8 reps
Pull-Ups 2 sets 8 - 10 reps
Rows 3 sets 6 - 8 reps
Lying Triceps Press 3 sets 6 - 10 reps
Triceps Push Down 2 sets 8 - 10 reps

Day 6: Rest
Day 7: Rest

I do one or two warm-up sets before each exercise.
An I do each set to, or close to, failure.

i do not understand his routine split much, i would split up your day one and make it chest, biceps and put shoulders on another day, as i dont like doing chest and triceps and back adn biceps together b/c the strength loss due to them being worked. so have chest, bis/legs/shoulders/back,triceps...though i think it would be even better if u have the time to do chest/back/legs/shoulders/bis and tris. also do another exercise on chest and shoulders, and do some calves work. i like to get 16 sets on large bodyparts, and 12 on small, this counts my first one or two sets which i usually dont go to failure. for ur chest exercise i would add in a dumbell movement, such as incline dumblell press. also i would reccoment pyramiding exercises, and loewring reps each set.

The split looks fine to me, although I'd do some more stuff on leg day like ext, calves, maybe some lunges.

diamonddiceclay said:
chest belongs on it's own day. Same for shoulders

not true.

Juve: I think you should do triceps after chest and delts and biceps after back.

Other than that it looks aight. Good luck.

frorider6 said:
Give this a try for 6 weeks.

Old School workout

While intensity is important for every program, it's an must on this one. Gives good results.

If you want 15 ounds in 8 weeks this is the program to try.

My best bulk up advice would have to be:

STICK TO THE BASICS AND EAT LIKE A HOURSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Do a routine like this:

day 1: chest, triceps

Bench press 4 sets of 6-8 reps
dips 3 sets of max reps
close grip bench press 3 sets of 8-10 reps
tricep pushdowns 3 sets of 8-10 reps

day 3: legs, abs

Squats 4 sets of 6-8 reps
Leg press 3 sets of 6-8 reps
Leg curls 3 sets of 8-10 reps
2 sets of crunches just to keep the abs strong(if you wanna bulk up, dont worry too much about getting a little bit of extra b/f)

day 5: back, shoulders and bis

Deadlifts 3 sets of 6-8 reps
barbell rows 3 sets of 6-8 reps
chins 3 sets of max reps
d/b shoulder press 4 sets of 6-8 reps
shrugs 3 sets of 15 reps
barbell or dumbell curls 4 sets of 8-10 reps

The above movements are the best mass builders for each bodypart, if you want to gain weight and bulk up then do the above routine for 6 weeks then rest a whole week out of the gym and repeat it for another 6 weeks then change it.
You have to eat alot of food....make sure you are getting loads of protein and carbs everyday!!
DOnt bother trying to stick to the same foods everyday...it will be to hard to do when you have only just started, just eat the same breakfast and try to get in 3 meals a day with 2-3 snacks in between meals(healthy snacks..not too much junk!) but dont be very strick when bulking, you need calories and so have one bit of 'treat' food every day(small snack...not huge pizza!)
Get some weight gain or protein powder and drink it with milk once or twice a day.

Good luck :)

How many warm up sets

With the old school and Corholios routine, how many warm up sets should I do?
Eg Bench 5x5. Does that mean to 2 warm up sets and 3 work sets or 2 warm up sets and 5 work sets?

Top Bottom