Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

New Routine, Tell Me What You Think!

Cipp

Just got tired of doing my old routine. Stick with it for around 8 months and lifts started stalling a bit. Currently running a modified P/P/L routine. 4 on 1 off

-Chest/Tri
Incline DB Bench 8-10x3
Flat DB Bench 8-10x3
Weighted Dips 10-12x3
Chest Flys 10-12x3
Close Grip Bench 8-10x3
Skullcrusher 8-10x3
Rope Pulldown 10-12x3

-Back/Bi
Deadlifts 8-10x3
Bent Over BB Row 8-10x3
Weighted Pullups 10-12x3
DB Lateral Overhead Raise 10-12x3
EZ Bar Curl 8-10x3
Incline DB Curl 8-10x3
Spider Curl 8-10x3

-Shoulders/Abs
DB Press 8-10x3
Lying Incline Lateral Raise 8-10x3
Upright Row 8-10x3
Hanging Leg Raises 12-15x3
Standing Ab Wheel 8-10x3

-Legs
Squats 8-10x3
Front Squats 8-10x3
Weighted Lunges 10-12x3
Weighted Calf Raises 8-12x3

Off Days I do cardio and hit abs for half an hour. I have shoulders on a separate day because I can't even do half my normal weight on db shoulder press after hitting my chest, plus my shoulders have blown up since I started hitting them on their own day.

Stats:
5'8, 190lbs 12% Bf

Whatcha think?

This looks like a good basic routine. It really depends on your goals and how you are supporting that with diet. I think 4 sets per exercise is the way to go, but everyone is different. Also, when it comes to periodizing, which is a term for a workout design to be done over a certain amount of time, I believe 12 weeks is about the time you start to see less benefit from a routine. That is the time to change up something about the approach, which can include rep range, number of sets, time in between sets, etc.

Looks good man. Like buddhabuilder said, it depends on your goals.. the routine you mentioned seems more hypertrophy based. I'm a big fan of military press and push press for shoulders, as well as explosive snatch grip high pulls instead of upright rows. But that's just me :)

It's pretty similar to what I do, I go heavier on some lifts though and keep the reps shorter. I'm a big fan of doing ~12 sets per major body part. 4 on 1 off is a lot for me personally. I'd have to do 2 on 1 off, 2 on 2 off. But everyone's different. If you feel like you can keep up with this then do it.

Top Bottom