Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

New routine......any thoughts???

buffal2001

Hey guys......just wondering if youd make any additions or take anything away from my routine........im near 180lbs and lookin to gain some mass and strength. I also play football twice a week so i get a pretty intense cardio workout.
Ne way.....here goes

Bench 1 set of 10,2 of 6-8 and 1 of 3-5
Squats 1 set of 10,2 of 6-8 and 1 of 3-5
Deadlifts 1 set of 10,2 of 6-8 and 1 of 3-5
Dips 1 set of 10,2 of 6-8 and 1 of 3-5
Curls 1 set of 10,2 of 6-8 and 1 of 3-5

This will be done 2wice a week.....mondays and thursdays.

Actually, I'd switch the sequence, starting with the heaviest sets first and progressing to the lightest, with an eye on minimal rest and perfect form.

buffal2001 said:
Hey guys......just wondering if youd make any additions or take anything away from my routine........im near 180lbs and lookin to gain some mass and strength. I also play football twice a week so i get a pretty intense cardio workout.
Ne way.....here goes

Bench 1 set of 10,2 of 6-8 and 1 of 3-5
Squats 1 set of 10,2 of 6-8 and 1 of 3-5
Deadlifts 1 set of 10,2 of 6-8 and 1 of 3-5
Dips 1 set of 10,2 of 6-8 and 1 of 3-5
Curls 1 set of 10,2 of 6-8 and 1 of 3-5

This will be done 2wice a week.....mondays and thursdays.

Well if mass and strength is what you are looking for you have listed all the crucial exercises for doing that. Except for curls, this isn’t a compound movement. You would be best to replace it with pull-ups, that way you can work arms/back together. Anyhow, doing all these exercises in one workout is going to be very exhausting. I hope it works for you. Enjoy!

I agree with ingram. Chins are more beneficial than curls. You should consider doing squats/deadlifts only once a week because you want to avoid overtraining your back (erectors) at all costs especially if you're playing football twice a week.

Top Bottom