Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

New PR's on Preacher Curl Drop Sets

WalkingBeast

Elite Dementor
Platinum
Hey everyone! I hit a new PR today on a preacher curl drop set. I start with 5 10's on each side of the EZ Curl bar (120lbs) and drop a plate off the bar after each set to failure, for a total of 5 sets with no rest inbetween. Heres what I did:

One the first drop set cycle:

120X15
100X15
80x12
60x15
40 done with some negative resistance, since it felt way too light.

On the second drop set cycle:

120X15
100X15
80X15
60X15
40X15 + a few negative reps, with spotter pulling the bar down as I fight it. For a total of over 75 reps. This is definately a PR. I would like to start with 7 or more 10's on each side of the bar, but the bar cant hold that many.

Then I did one final drop set:

120x16
100x9-10
80 til failure (unsure)
60 til failure (unsure)
40 for a few reps with negative resistance (was weaker by this point)

Overall a real good bicep workout. Those 3 drop sets total 15 sets, plus atleast another 6 sets of biceps. Before that I blasted out triceps. 75 reps for one set is definately a PR for me though, so Im happy with that. ThanX for all the encouragement guys!
:D

bignate73 said:
you're mean to yourself.

haha ThanX Nate! Yea I get angry! I love that burning sensation though.

Mike: Cant say I love pain on the whole, cuz some pain can be fucking nasty hahahaha ThanX bro

longarms said:
I love those drop sets, man.

You ever try them on T-bar rows???

AAAAAAAARGH!

DontchA?? hehehe Think Im going to be doing them every week for the biceps now. The rest of my lifting has taken on more of a powerlifting style. Long rest, real heavy weights. Damn That sounds like it would be awesome! The T-bar row machine, or T-bar rows with the barbell? Either way that would be nice! :D

Top Bottom