Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

New member, would like new ideas

How you guys doing, I am new to the web site, but think this is a good way to expand my knowledge on techniques and other things of the sort. I have been working out off and on for a few years now, but never been able to hold a steady routine. I am in the army, been to 4 different countrys in the last few years, and thats what explains my speratic routines. Currently I am in Iraq, and am trying to dedicate myself to as much liftin as possible.

Profile:

25, 6' tall, and about 195 lbs (been about 175 for the last couple years, until I came out here, have put on a few pounds since being here.)

Routine:
I work out a 5 day rotation being:
Day 1: Chest and traps
Day 2: Back and Shoulders
Day 3: Legs (currently I am unable to do legs, so you wont hear talk about legs much, I have had reconstructive knee surgery on my right knee awhile back, and blew out my left knee a few weeks ago playing ball..talk about fucking suckin!!!)
Day 4: Arms
Day 5: Off

standard work out plan:
I try to change up my actual lifts every few weeks so my body doesnt adapt and get redundant to the motion. But here is what I do on the most part

Chest:

flat bench barbell
warm up 135
set 1 225x8
set 2 245x6
set 3 255x6

incline dumbells
warm up 135
set 1 75'sx8
set 2 85'sx8
set 3 90'sx6

decline barbell
warm up 135
all 3 sets 225x8
have problems with these right now because of my knee!!

flat bench dumbell fly's
warm ups 40's
set 1 45'sx8
set 2 50sx8
set 3 55'sx8

one drop set on the flat bench
start with 2 25's and a 10 plate on each side, do eight, then drop a plate, do eight, etc...untill it is just the bar (idea is to keep up my endurance I have to keep up with the army physical fitness test)

Traps

shrugs barbell
warm up 135
set 1 225x8
set 2 315x8
set 3 315x8
cant go heavier, knee cant support to much weight (told you it sucks)

upright rows
warm up bar
set 1 95x8
set 2 115x8
set 3 115x8

Shoulders

Barbell shoulder press
warm up 135
set 1 185x8
set 2 185x8
set 3 205x4

dumbell press
warm up 40's
set 1 75'sx8
set 2 80'sx8
set 3 85'sx6

front dumbell raise
warm up 20's
set 1 30'sx8
set 2 35'sx8
set 3 35'sx8

side dumbell raise
warm up 20's
set 1 30'sx8
set 2 35'sx8
set 3 35'sx8

Back:

Lat pull down
warm up 120
set 1 210x8
set 2 230x8
set 3 250x8 (thats the stack)

cable rows
warm up 130
set 1 210x8
set 2 230x8
set 3 250x8 (the stack)

dumbell rows
warm up 60
set 1 80'sx8
set 2 90'sx8
set 3 100'sx8

Pull ups
3 sets till failure

Legs:
We wont talk about legs, cuz my broke ass cant do shit right now...

Bi-cepts:
Dumbell curls
warm up 30's
set 1 50'sx8
set 2 60'sx8
set 3 70'sx6

Preacher Curl bench
warm up 25's each side
set 1 45's each sidex8
set 2 55 each sidex8
set 3 60 each sidex6

Preacher curl bench isolation dumbell (1 at a time)
warm up 30
set 1 45x8
set 2 50x8
set 3 60x6

drop set on the preacher curl bench
1 or 2 sets
start with 4 ten's on each side, do eight, then drop a plate, etc...till their is just the bar

Tri-cepts

have a slight pain in my elbow area when I do any tricept work out, no idea what the hell I did...prone to injury thats my bet

Dip Bench
warm up 90
set 1 180x8
set 2 230x8
set 3 270x8

dumbell kickouts
warm up 20's
set 1 40'sx8
set 2 45'sx8
set 3 45'sx8

Dips
4 sets of 20+

cable pull downs on lat machine
warm up 60
set 1 80x8
set 2 90x8
set 3 90x8

Abs 3 out of the 5 days,
Cardio, I stay down with 30 minutes of cardio on days 3 and 5

Besides my obvious injuries, that I fight through, I feel like my chest isnt gaining anything. If there are any ideas of how to break out of my rut. I am currently only takeing protein and 10grams of creatine each day. I try to eat 3 full meals a day and drink 3 shakes a day. I have bought a stack from a web site, and am hoping it will push me past my peak. any ideas would help...thanks

Welcome to the site!! :)

First it looks like you have a good routine set up already. I don't know if it will be possible for you to gain any chest size given your present location and situation. It might be best to try to maintain for now. You can also check out the training methods sticky at the top of the page. There are some very good and different routines listed in it. I found that the 5x5 program helped me gain strength and size.

Good luck, and stay safe.

big4life said:
Welcome to the site!! :)

First it looks like you have a good routine set up already. I don't know if it will be possible for you to gain any chest size given your present location and situation. It might be best to try to maintain for now. You can also check out the training methods sticky at the top of the page. There are some very good and different routines listed in it. I found that the 5x5 program helped me gain strength and size.

Good luck, and stay safe.

Thanks for the idea, I will check out the tabs, but hearing results from peopl help out more, I have read lots of didnt articles in magazines, but alot of the time, it is from a guy that has worked out for 10+ years, and their body is in a different mode by then. But thanks again

TRUEsoldier said:
Thanks for the idea, I will check out the tabs, but hearing results from peopl help out more, I have read lots of didnt articles in magazines, but alot of the time, it is from a guy that has worked out for 10+ years, and their body is in a different mode by then. But thanks again

welcome!! Articles in mags are good for ideas but dont copy theier routines..Dont forget flex may look down upon aas but they give you workouts based on the guys that are using aas!!! I agree with big 5x5 is a great routine..

wnt2bBeast said:
welcome!! Articles in mags are good for ideas but dont copy theier routines..Dont forget flex may look down upon aas but they give you workouts based on the guys that are using aas!!! I agree with big 5x5 is a great routine..

I hear you about the copying, I never take their routines and use them exactly, I use the basis of many work out routines and mold them into what feels best. And you can never get away from Critics, they preach about "do as I say, not as I do" when it comes to the aas. thanks again...going to start the 5x5 today!!

Welcome to the boards brother!! Your routine looks pretty solid to me. Ive also found the 5X5 routine to be great in recovering from my back injury in december. I just hit 315 for an easy 5X5 last week on flat bench, and its nice to see the progress on a weekly basis. Its only 5lbs a week and it really adds up. My chest training was a free for all assault on the weights before, but now with the 5X5 incorporated Im able to make some nice progress. I still add the necessary extra volume after completing the 5X5. You can check out all of my routines in my training journal also:

http://www.elitefitness.com/forum/showthread.php?t=278469

Another thing thats helped greatly on my bench (Atleast it seems too) is speed benching. After my flat bench routine Ill hit 10 sets of 3 reps with 160lbs and move it as quickly and explosively as possible. You basically want to get 3 reps in 3 seconds. And make sure to rest 30 seconds only between sets. Its typically done with anywhere from 45-60% of one rep max. I feel its helped majorly with moving the weights fast and explosively and learning the best groove. I also train chest twice a week. Thursdays is flat bench and flies, push-ups etc, most all of my sets are always to failure. Sundays is inclines and speed bench, with flies,push-ups etc. Ive gotten real good results training this way. And lastly there is a supplement that has helped me on my bench also. Its effected benching more then anything else. "NO2" by MRI. Great shit! I broke over 20 personal bests the month I took it. I was stuck at 315 for 4 reps for over a year, by the end of the month I was at an easy 7 reps. Then shortly after I injured myself, but I may be good for 8 reps with the 315 now. I just recently started another nitric oxide supplement, that also contain creatine. "NO-Xplode" by BSN. This seems to be working real well also. Gives me some crazy energy and sharpness and also has creatine in it as well as the nitric oxide. Would definately reccomend either product. Hope that helps

WalkingBeast said:
Welcome to the boards brother!! Your routine looks pretty solid to me. Ive also found the 5X5 routine to be great in recovering from my back injury in december. I just hit 315 for an easy 5X5 last week on flat bench, and its nice to see the progress on a weekly basis. Its only 5lbs a week and it really adds up. My chest training was a free for all assault on the weights before, but now with the 5X5 incorporated Im able to make some nice progress. I still add the necessary extra volume after completing the 5X5. You can check out all of my routines in my training journal also:

http://www.elitefitness.com/forum/showthread.php?t=278469

Another thing thats helped greatly on my bench (Atleast it seems too) is speed benching. After my flat bench routine Ill hit 10 sets of 3 reps with 160lbs and move it as quickly and explosively as possible. You basically want to get 3 reps in 3 seconds. And make sure to rest 30 seconds only between sets. Its typically done with anywhere from 45-60% of one rep max. I feel its helped majorly with moving the weights fast and explosively and learning the best groove. I also train chest twice a week. Thursdays is flat bench and flies, push-ups etc, most all of my sets are always to failure. Sundays is inclines and speed bench, with flies,push-ups etc. Ive gotten real good results training this way. And lastly there is a supplement that has helped me on my bench also. Its effected benching more then anything else. "NO2" by MRI. Great shit! I broke over 20 personal bests the month I took it. I was stuck at 315 for 4 reps for over a year, by the end of the month I was at an easy 7 reps. Then shortly after I injured myself, but I may be good for 8 reps with the 315 now. I just recently started another nitric oxide supplement, that also contain creatine. "NO-Xplode" by BSN. This seems to be working real well also. Gives me some crazy energy and sharpness and also has creatine in it as well as the nitric oxide. Would definately reccomend either product. Hope that helps

Thanks bro, I am deffinatly going to try your ideas out, your stats are fucking amazing, so if I can get to what your at, I would be more than happy, Id be amazed. What website do you get your supplements from? I am still fishing for a good consistant site I can use, that has good deals. Well thanks again...

TRUEsoldier said:
Thanks bro, I am deffinatly going to try your ideas out, your stats are fucking amazing, so if I can get to what your at, I would be more than happy, Id be amazed. What website do you get your supplements from? I am still fishing for a good consistant site I can use, that has good deals. Well thanks again...

ThanX for the compliments brother!! Much appreciated!! Im glad I can help. I was getting my supplements from GNC with a connection I had. I ended up getting well above the employee discount. But now the connection is gone. I can still get pretty good deals when I go into GNC, but thier regular prices are way too high. I just recently went to Nutrition Depot to pick up some protein powder and the "No-Xplode" I mentioned. I just did some research and found a site with some pretty nice prices:

http://getbuf.com/

They have the NO-Xplode for around 36$! With shipping it comes to around 42$, but I paid 53$ at Nutrition Depot. I may order my next container here also. Much respect for what your doing over there!! Coudnt do that shit!! haha My nerves are really fucked up as is. Keep training hard and consistent and youll hit your goals before long. Sounds like youve already made awesome progress in the time youve been out there, and with little resources. Youre definately on the right track!! God bless brother!!

WalkingBeast said:
ThanX for the compliments brother!! Much appreciated!! Im glad I can help. I was getting my supplements from GNC with a connection I had. I ended up getting well above the employee discount. But now the connection is gone. I can still get pretty good deals when I go into GNC, but thier regular prices are way too high. I just recently went to Nutrition Depot to pick up some protein powder and the "No-Xplode" I mentioned. I just did some research and found a site with some pretty nice prices:

http://getbuf.com/

They have the NO-Xplode for around 36$! With shipping it comes to around 42$, but I paid 53$ at Nutrition Depot. I may order my next container here also. Much respect for what your doing over there!! Coudnt do that shit!! haha My nerves are really fucked up as is. Keep training hard and consistent and youll hit your goals before long. Sounds like youve already made awesome progress in the time youve been out there, and with little resources. Youre definately on the right track!! God bless brother!!

Thanks again, I am goign to check out that web site today, I need to order some stuff soon. The problem is if they ship to an APO address, we'll find out though. the gym here is actually quite nice! I cant complain about that, but time doesnt always work out. I had to miss my work out last night, cuz I had to move about 3 tons of sand (sand bag form) to protect my ass in my tent, so that wore my happy ass out all fucking night. Hopefully I will still get a good pump today with arms. Take it easy, and hope to hear more results from you soon, keep us posted :supercool

TRUEsoldier said:
Thanks again, I am goign to check out that web site today, I need to order some stuff soon. The problem is if they ship to an APO address, we'll find out though. the gym here is actually quite nice! I cant complain about that, but time doesnt always work out. I had to miss my work out last night, cuz I had to move about 3 tons of sand (sand bag form) to protect my ass in my tent, so that wore my happy ass out all fucking night. Hopefully I will still get a good pump today with arms. Take it easy, and hope to hear more results from you soon, keep us posted :supercool

No problem brother!! Hopefully theyll ship out to you. Sounds like you have everything you need out there to gain some size. The hardest parts will probabally be gaining while doing all the endurance work you do out there, and eating enough to gain. You can still get in real good shape though, and then when you return youll be more then ready to bulk up. Hope to hear about your progress also!! Keep training hard!! PM me anytime!!

Top Bottom