Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

new knee wraps

al bundy

Hey guys, I finally ritired my wraps that I used to get from big 5 and bought some inzers for the first time. I have to wrap different due to the variables between the two but with the inzers my skin gets extremely pinched right above the knee cap and I was wondering how some of you wrap because I know I have it wrong.

well i wrap mine with my leg straight out, and i roll them tight. the tighter the better and the more weight. i roll my knees up going around the inside. example:
left knee, i hold the roll in my right hand grab some slack and put it underneath my knee and wrap it over my knee so the begining of the wrap is on the outside of the knee, and then i take the roll and go over it on the inside of my knee.
i hope this helps at all!

from the description that u guys posted, i think i wrap mine a bit differently... i straighten out my leg and wrap one full time around the bottom of my leg, and then cross over the top of my knee to the top of my leg and do 1 wrap, and then go down so the wrap over laps about half of the wrap on the bottom..

yes i know i suck at explainig, but its like a criss cross pattern... i feel like i get a lot more out of doing it this way then just wrapping normally.

Do you wrap from inside the knee out...or outside the knee in?

B True

Some people say that the direction that yoiu wrap makes a difference. I think that it is just a preference thing and its kind of a ritual for me to go inside to out and from bottom to top overlapping about half a width every wrap. I have never noticed a difference but then again i don't sqaut 800.

I always flex my quad when I wrap. I wrap from below the knee up and always from the inside out (always wrap to the outside of your leg). Sometimes I wrap straight up and down the knee and other times I do the figure 8 wrap. Both work and I really can't tell a difference in performance. I think I read something by Louie a while back where he recommends wrapping the knees from the inside out. He said that it puts the knee cap in a more natural position and the chances for injury are lessened.

Do you start from the top of the knee and go down or do you go from the bottom up? I seen an avi once showing a guy "properly" wrap his knee but I don't recall exactly the way he did it. Anyone else seen this clip? I can't locate it again on the net.

I think it is proper to start low and work high. Everybody has thier own preferance. I do like to tuck my wrap up high on my knee/quad as it makes a bulge and can give the juges the elusion of your hips being lower than the knee. Just something i read someware.

Top Bottom