Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

New Idiots and Morons at the gym thread

My gym has a lot more members than it has lockers in the locker rooms. As a result the policy is that no one gets an assigned locker and needs to take their things home at night. I have not problem with this as my clothes need to be washed and my shoes need to be aired out after each workout. For some reason others think that the gym policy does not apply to them. I see the same locks on the same lockers everyday. Today I saw one of the people that feels entitled to a locker and it does not look like he goes to the gym often to put it mildly! I saw another one of the locker entitled people and he is no regular either. Not sure why people think they can just call a locker their own.

same problem at my gym until they put up a sign saying "at the end of the week, all locks and contents within the lockers will be thrown out". They "flag" your locker on thursday and saturday they throw your shit out. I love the people that complained. Management said "if you came in once in awhile, you would have seen the new policy". And it's true. People got the hint really quickly after two weeks.

What about the people who do their entire workout on the cable machine!!! I want to fucking kill them!! We have 1 dude who is like 40 and lifts with a bunch of high school kids. They will do an entire workout on the cables and not let anyone in. So we put an out of order sigh on there it took them an hour to figure it out but they got the point. That's awesome about the dog food

Holy shit this one kills me too. There's a couple of guys that do this at my gym. I call 'em the cable guys. Fairly big guys too, but they're always on the cables and the thing is, we have one cable machine and it also has the only decent pullup grips attached to it. Every time I'm at the gym and I see them pull up I whisper out loud to myself "You gotta be fucking kidding me.".

You just can't do 45 minute plus cable workouts several days a week. I just can't believe people who obviously work out quite a bit and are probably even using gear can be that stupid. It's against the laws of the universe, you just can't do it.

I posted this on the other one so i won't go through the whole thing but there's nothing like being told to stop doing deads because they're useless lol

Sent from my DROID X2 using EliteFitness

I posted this on the other one so i won't go through the whole thing but there's nothing like being told to stop doing deads because they're useless lol

Sent from my DROID X2 using EliteFitness

I'm not a big talker, and I have social anxiety disorder. But a lot of times I'll make it a point to encourage a guy who's not very advanced that I see doing deadlifts. Had a conversation with a guy the other day. I maxed out on the deadlift, got a PR, and after stripping most of the weight off he said, "You can just leave that I'll take care of it." And he actually did deadlifts. I was proud of this dude I never met in my life. He sought out a routine using heavy compound movements and was adhering religiously. I told him he was the only guy I've seen besides me doing deadlifts there. I talked to him for awhile about how I put a couple hundred pounds on my deadlift using something similar to Stronglifts 5x5.

Maybe we all have to do our part. There's a part of me that says if I encourage people to do squats for instance, I'll get stuck with no rack at some point. But if we all did our part maybe our douchey gyms would all have more than one rack.

Top Bottom